Kicker L7

Anonymous

i have a kicker kx800.2 amp and i was wondering if a 12" kicker L7 would be a good speaker to run with it

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 250
800 Watts x 1 In Bridged Mode

should be fine as long as that single S12L7 is 4 Ohms.
If you present a 2 Ohm load to that amp when bridged, it'll shut down or fry.

Anonymous

On the site that im ordering the speaker from it says "dual 2 Ohm" or "dual 4 ohm" which one would i want to get?

Anonymous

The book for the amp says it can run a minimum of 4 ohms when its bridged. would it be ok to run an 8 ohm speaker on it?

Username: Fillymo

Post Number: 4
Yes but u will only get half the power from an 8 ohm

Post Number: 274
if you're getting a single sub, get the dual 2 Ohm version, and wire the coils in series.
that'll present a 4 Ohm load.

Username: Aron

Post Number: 1
would one L7 12" (sealed box) be louder than two 12" compvr's (sealed box) with a kx800.2amp

Username: Hydro

Post Number: 42
Hard to say really Ive heard 2 Cvr's in a sealed box in a friend's truck and it beats hard and Ive heard a friend with a L7 in his truck and it also beats hard I would say go with the one thats the cheapest deal and that is a great amp to use with either system.

Post Number: 280
if they had the same surface area, on the same amp, the CompVRs would be +3dB louder, given the same Xmax for the subs, but you are dealing with different Xmax and different surface area
tough call.

Username: Motoman22

Post Number: 10
If we are dealing with the proper enclosure for each, two 12" compvr's will be louder than one 12" L7.

One L7 would most likely outperform one compVR but when you're dealing with two versus one the call is pretty simple.

Post Number: 297
head to head the L7 is a lot louder than the CompVR. more excursion, and more surface area.
the L7 is deisgned primarily for SPL.

hey just email or call Kicker and ask them.
that's the best way to go to be sure.
their engineers are good guys. I used to talk with them quite a bit when I worked at the shop.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us