Who else loves the old skool MK series like i do !!!!

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 284
Not the current 1s found on the ps2 but those on the Ps1 & SNES . Though i'm a hugh fan of MK i don't like the gameplay on the new 1s as much .

MK trilogy is my all time fav fighting game - NONE of the other MKs can touch that 1 !

Silver Member
Username: Stars

Post Number: 171
oh, whatcha talking about? Mortal Kombat?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 285
Whad else !

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
umm, I think that's all.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 286
U can't play Mortal Kombat/too violent or not your cup of tea ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
oh, i like MK , um I watched the movies and they were good, and I played one of the ps1 MK games.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 298
I think the ultimate masters of the older games were SUB ZERO , SCORPION & maybe SHANG SUNG ....

Who else would like to add their 2 cents ?! ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
oh yeah my fav was sub-zero!

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 305
Like writing 'oh' is your trademark ,eh - lol

Saw u posting on the car audio section - thats where i hang out & recently reached 300 posts .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
oh ok. yeah, good they got rid of those posts by firefox, boy he posted everywhere!

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 420
Not many Mortal Kombat fans around ?

Seems like all ppl do on this forum is post what problems their machines are having .....

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 989
Scorpion....and Raiden.
that was my favorite game for a long time on SNES.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 990
but my ALL TIME favorite game on SNES was Super Mario World. the one where you walked around on the map w/ different colored Yoshi and then selected the level you wanted to play.:-)

*sigh* to be a kid again lol

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 457
Hey Muddy - u know what , i still got my SNES in my closet ! i traded off my old carts yrs ago but i kept only 2 games for sentimental reasons

MORTAL KOMBAT 2
Super Mario World

damn spooky u should say SMW , man the hrs i spent playing that game & MK2 over & over . In my bedroom I had hooked up to my 20" tv a pair of 3way 12" stereo boxes & MAN did that sh!t sound sweet , when a fatality was done in MK it sounded like OMG someone's actually getting murdered ! & we all know the happy music of SMW .

Playing Mario give u the happy feeling of eating some good ice cream ... ah .......

Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1005
i got rid of my Nintendo, and my SNES, but i think i still have my Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, and Playstation in my closet somewhere.:-)

my fav game on my Nintendo was Super Mario 3
fav on my Genesis was the Sonic series
fav on my N64 would have to be Zelda:-Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64(i think that's what it was called)

i am really getting nostalgic. lol Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1006
i've found a new SMILEY!!

hit colon, and then capital O

:-O

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1007
:-O© lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
cool!

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 465
Yea - i luv Super mario 3 for the NES
I had about 20 games for it like these few that i can remember & man , i use to cheat alot with the GAME GENIE -remember that device ?

i had
JAWS
SUPER MARIO BROS - 1 , 2 ,3
SMB - YOSHI'S ISLAND
PAPER BOY
TOP GUN
EMBASSY : THE RESCUE MISSSION
MEGAMAN - can't remember which parts i think 1,2,3
WIZARDS & WARRIORS - luv that
DUCK HUNT
ZELDA -
can't remember em all

Then i got SNES - had
MK 1 , 2 , 3
Street Fighter 2
UN squadron
Killer Instinct
Legend of Zelta ; link to the past (i think)
Super Mario Bros - played alot nore games borrowed & i can't recall

Never had those other systems after that but dived straight into Ps1 where i currently own over 400 titles !

& now in Ps2 i own about 75% of the most popular titles (a few hundred)

BTW : if u wondering WTF i'm doing with hundereds of Ps1/Ps2 games - i own a small shop & sell Ps stuff for a living !
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1011
That's cool. wish i could work for ya. lol
so are you an hour ahead of me, seeing as though you live in another time zone?
so would i be correct to say that it is 11:58p.m. where you are?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1012
*12:00 a.m.*

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 470
No i'm on the same exact time as u .

Thing with games after a while it all seems generic to ya just like Tv/movies & music .
Example - Right now theres a ton of car games coming out sometimes 2/3 in 1 mth & there all trying to do the fast/furious NFS U thing so u pretty much doing the same crap all over & from the time u get into 1 another comes out .

Same with action everybody doing stealth MGS thing . 1st person shooters - everybody wanna be like Halo . Sports - all sports pretty much the same . Fighting - Tekken & Soul Calibur 2 set the standard so every1 following them .

So even though i own them all i only play 5 minute when a new title comes out & hardly play any games @ home .

BTW - arcades are extinct in the US but alive & really kicking in my country . My shop is also an Arcade ! & its here i get my daily high when i compete against customers in KING OF FIGHTERS '98 - possibly the most tactical greatest fighting game of all time by ppl who really know arcade fighting games .

My new vice is my ride & car audio ....Upload

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 473
& hanging out on this forum too ! - Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1020
i really like the Splinter Cell series. very addicting, and the controls flow like ice cream on a hot summer day. lolUpload

i would have to say that i enjoyed playing NFS Hot Pursuit 2 much better than i enjoyed playing Underground 1 or 2. they should setup NFS HP3(i'm praying they come out with one! lol) like NFS U 2 and have it where you can drive your Upload or Upload around the city stomping on ricers. lol

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 477
Dude - U & I are so much on the same boat ! look what i posted on Sept 3 on the thread " PS3 "

"They might have to open 'a few therapy centres' when those new systems come out !.

Don't be hating - but i can't stand the Gran Turismo series !!! . The @#$%! controls are so damn hard , 1 mistake & u lose the race . Have to say its the most realistic looking series but i can't stand the gameplay - it sucks !

BTW - Need for speed is THE best racing of all time . No not that flashy Underground 1 or 2 but my all time fav car racing is NFS Hot Pursuit 2 on the Ps2 . None o those cheap @$$ $20,000 cars but 100 gs Exotics - now thats what i'm talikng about !!! ".

What a small freeking world - lol , i have that game NFS HP2 5ft away from where i'm typing this !

How do u like this 1

Upload

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 478
& this - i got a bunch of them off the net !
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1028
that is sweet. i like the second one better.:-O
i also have NFS HP2 in my entettainment center on the other side of my room. lol
i don't think they will come out with a NFS HP 3 for ps2, but maybe for ps3!Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1029
check this mother out!-->Upload
ROFL!

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 487
U stole that off CAC - did'nt ya !
I was just about to do that too !

4 more 4 ya -
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 488
I began using that blue dragon from yesterday as 'my new trademark' in this forum from now on , BTW .

After NFS Hp2 , the only other car game that got my blood flowing was BURNOUT 3: Takedown , fastest car racing game ever - period . I saw on TV a sequel is out due very soon , forgot the subname .
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1032
i've never played Burnout 3. only 1 and 2. i will have to check it out.

i reg'd at CAC today so i could get the new Brand List(is this any good). you know what i'm talkin about.

and that guy was dancin and i busted out laughing. so i figured i would share the wealth.

what is your username on CAC? mine is Mr. Waters, get it? lolUpload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1033
i almost forgot. i like the 1st and 3rd one(pics), but Rayden is always a p!mp. lol

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 490
Same name i use here - i signed on since 08-08-05
but hardly go over there ,only 11 posts .

Great bunch of knowledgeble guys but here the traffic is like 1000 times greater & the layout here is easier on the eyes too .

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 491
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 492
Check out this thread in the AMP section & tell me what u think about what Tyler is saying

Thread - Hey which one of thses would i use?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 493
Saw in your profile u got 1-ID MAX 12 (sealed) - hows that working out for ya ?, i'm considering getting a pair .
Its been said that IDMAX 12" is the next best thing to JLW7 (some say even its cleaner) & amazingly its 1/2 the price of JL .

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1035
hmm? you must have read the wrong profile. lol
this is mine
Pioneer DEH-P8600MP Head Unit
-DLS Reference PS6 6-1/2" 2-Way Components in Front
-DLS Classic 226 6-1/2" Coaxials in the Rear
-Digital Design 2000a 10" SVC 4 Ohm Sub in a 1.7cu ft Ported Enclosure.
-US Amps USA 4300x 4-Channel amp powers the Mids & Highs & Sub Currently. 70 watts rms/channel at 4 ohms. 180 watts rms bridged @ 4 ohms to sub.
-Treo Engineering SSXD750.1 on the way: Will power the Sub. 375 watts rms at 4 ohms.
-Dynamat Trunk Kit Installed.Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1036
you can see my setup here https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/160577.html

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 498
Hey dude - i had a bunch of tabs open & i guess i typed in the wrong 1 . I was asking MazdaMan about his set up & he said he loves his IDMAX .

1 10" D&D u got eh - though a guy like u would have @ least a 12" 1000wrms monster ....
Upload

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 508
Muddy - did u check this out ?

"Check out this thread in the AMP section & tell me what u think about what Tyler is saying

Thread - Hey which one of thses would i use?"

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/160707.html

Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1058
"1 10" D&D u got eh - though a guy like u would have @ least a 12" 1000wrms monster .... "

yeah, that single 10 was my first system, back when i was still a novice lol.
i'm on my way to that description though, i will be getting two Treo SSi subs(750wRMS each) and will be running them off my Treo amp(1500wRMS) in a 3.5ft3 ported box, sometime after christmas.

the bass will feel like-->Upload LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
wow, what's been happening here!?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 515
Jill - don't worry ,we have not gone off our rockers . We're just showing some pics that we got on our Pcs & we both did not have anything better to do -lol

Muddy : i likeS that exploding smiley alot . Tyler's pretty darn hard headed huh ...

I currently got a pair of Pioneer TSW306DVC - but i've read/heard so many great thing about IDQ & IDMAX subs on this forum that i would like to get a pair of 12" of either when next i'm upgrading . Been said these are the closest in SQL to JL so that should give u an idea .....
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1097
yeah, he can be Hard-Headed, but he tries, and sometimes he is too sarcastic/cocky.
he tried to school me on db gains as it relates to boxes,and power and such, and he got owned by several other board members including myself! lol
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/161298.html

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1098
"but i've read/heard so many great thing about IDQ & IDMAX subs on this forum that i would like to get a pair of 12" of either when next i'm upgrading ."

oh btw, that is a formula for unstoppable loudness and crystal clear SQ.:-O

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 517
I meant i would go with 2 each of the same series when i'm ready - in case i made it sound like 1 of each type ,lol

On their site its say the IDQ = 500wrms & the IDmax can do 1000wrms . I don't know if i wanna go deaf with 2000wrms as yet so i might just do 2 IDQS on next upgrade .

I told Tyler that u to never connect 1 coil & that a sub's total rec rms rating comes when the 2 coils are combined - the retard keeps argueing that u can get the same power if 1 coil only is connected ... so i just let him be ,when he does to his own & damages it then he'll come crying to the forum to explain wha happened !

He's arrogant like the guy who posted the 'audiobahn' thread !

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1107
i knew what you meant, and 2 IDMAx's with a total of 2000wRMS would be VERY LOUD! :-)

i agree with you, it is pointless to put two VC's on a sub if you are only going to wire one of them. if you did that, you would melt one of the VC's b/c it couldn't handle or dissipate as much heat if it was spread across two VC's with full RMS power.:-O

that guy from the Audiobahn thread really got my blood boiling. he would spit out random information in an attempt to sound smart, and then try and pick apart someone's answer to sound like he was winning the arguement.Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1108
i agree with you, it is pointless to put two VC's on a sub if you are only going to wire one of them. if you did that, you would melt one of the VC's b/c it couldn't handle or dissipate as much heat as opposed to it being spread across two VC's with full RMS power.

*sounds better, and it is more clear.* i'm a stickler for good grammar & spelling, guess that's what a beginner's English and writing course in college will do to ya. lol

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 521
Know what bad grammar really is - when a TON of ppl on this forum use THEIR = THERE & YOU'RE = YOUR ,even a gold member or 2 are culprits with a wording like 'it's a 10 minute drive until you get THEIR' & 'wire you're sub to a 2 ohm load'.

I was considering running a thread to explain the differences but i'm afraid i might go down in ppl's black book or get rediculed -lol

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1588
Heheh...'ppl'...

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1115
"rediculed"

it's ridiculed........lmao!:-)

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 524
"rediculed" - oops ,i messed in pants there -lol , i'm usually a 'stickler' for spelling too , how 'imbarazing' .....lol

'ppl' - well 1 can get away with that as it's less typing to do Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
ok......you two friends now?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1135
Rovin, i read in some other threads that you like the look of the lancers.:-) i have one, did you see my setup in the sub forum? here are some pics of my car if you want to see the rest of it, and not just the install:-)
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1136
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 540
Just a coupla ordinary guys who share a common interest in car audio & video games ...Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1137
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

that's all i have of it right now, but i doubt i will take any more pics of it until i get my next setup.:-O

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 544
Thats cool dude . Will get back to in a lil bit cause i'm looking 4 my car pics ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
so, that's your car MuddyWaters?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 548
Trying to mke make .jpg pics smaller by using paint but paint cannot open .jpg files .

how else can i make my .jpg pics smaller ?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 549
Anyway i found these pics on the net & my ride is the same white basically but without the flare kit (which i'm looking aroud to get very soon ,along with some new rims/tires)
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1142
yes Jill, that's my car.

that white car looks sweet with those rims.
do you have rims on yours?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 554
Its a 2001 Nissan AD Van/Wingroad - none ever landed in the USA . Extremely popular here in my country .

Embarassed to say that i have mine totally stock since i got it in Dec 03 (BZ with work) - totally original only oil/filter has ever been changed . No rims only stock 13" steelies - this wk or next wk for sure i'm going 15s/16s 5 point rims but its tough to see something u like or get the bolt pattern cause i don't like universal fit rims .

Rims then flare kit as well as rear hatch spoiler to also be fitted soon - of course music to be attended too . Trunk with seats up is 3ft deep x 4ft wide ,with rear seat down almost 6ft deep .

My new music will be 860 Premier deck ,4 Inf Ref 6.5 1/door ,Alpine F545 & 2 12" Pioneer subs in a ported box i had from b4 & a MB Quart REf RAA1000 amp . No xover ,all signals controlled by deck & filtered through amps filters - if i still need a xover after hearing it then i will buy 1 .

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 555
BTW Muddy - whats a typical set of 15"s rims with 195/50 series tires costs around your area ? ,just curious to know

Silver Member

Post Number: 229

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1144
around $1100 and up depending on what brand. mine were $1300, but my friend spent $800-$900 a rim and $200 a tire on some 18" volk racing rims.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 561
Lost for words there , Jill ?!

MW - whats your personal opinion of what my new system is to be ? apart from the cheap subs ...

$1100 huh - well i'll be , it costs around US$720 here & up . Rim brands Binno,Fienze can't remem the rest but tire brands incl are either Dunlop, Nexon, Nankang ,Federal & a few others .

Rims i'm talking about are regular silver & not hyper silver or chrome which goes about 3 time$ .

Those u got are 17s right ? - we do have in my country those p!mped out 22s with spinners etc ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
ok, what are you guys talking about?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 572
Jill - i was browsing around the game sections & i saw thats where u hang out especially Xbox/PSP .

The stupid thing is - ppl only use the gaming sections to post problems that their systems mainly Ps2 is having ....a bunch of whiners !

Apparently no1 even cares about discussing like what games they are currently playing or anything related to playing actual games .

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1146
"BTW Muddy - whats a typical set of 15"s rims with 195/50 series tires costs around your area ? ,just curious to know"

sorry, didn't read the question thoroughly, you could get some off brand 15" rims around here for cheap. i was thinking of 17" and up, and a known brand name.:-) my rims are 17" Motegi RT-5's, and my tires are 205/40 Toyo FZ-4's.

i think your setup will sound great, with those infinity's and that HU, you should be impressed.

i was at the my audioshop the other day and this guy came in with a tan Chevy Tahoe with 26" chrome rims!!!!:-O:-):-O:-)

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 574
26" chrome rims - hell now thats hugh ,i never even seen bigger than 22s by me . My stock wheel height = 23" , that guy's wheels must be like 32" tall ! .

Music - i do like loud like everybody else but clean loud thats Y i chose them Inf ,woulda like the perfects but they r 3 times more but i made sure to spend the $ power wise that i @ least got 2 solid amps .

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
ok, you guys....

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1155
hey Jill, how old are you?

people have asked you this ? a bunch of times, and i am not asking b/c i am interested in you, i am just curious as to how old you are b/c most chicks can't stand to hear(or read) guys talking about cars or their stereo equipment and you tend to stay right along with us.:-)

if i were to guess, i would say early to middle teens. again, don't feel pressured to answer, your privacy is your own business, but like i said i was just curious.:-O

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
oh yeah, lots of people are asking me that question....? Well, it's very interesting to hear you guys talk about amps or cars or home theatre stuff and all that, I learn some stuff kinda and well it's just interesting! :-) Well, how old are you?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 592
Er - click on his profile . I'm wild guessing she's under 20 - lol .

I'm late 20s in case anybody's wondering .
Its like this - guys have very few interests like cars,music,latest threads(not me though that much into designer clothes),computers/internet,video games,hanging out,girls not in any particular order . I cannot speak on behalf of the gals .

THIS MUST BE THE CRAZIEST THREAD RUNNING IN THE PS1/PS2 SECTION - lol ............

Anybody who happens by here must be thinking - WTF is all that ?! Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
oh, yeah Rovin you're right! Yeah it is the craziest thread in the ps1/ps2 section!

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1159
Y'all gon make me act a fool!! Up in here!! Up in here!!!(DMX:-O)

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
ok.....

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1161
it's the chorus to a rap song.

it pertains to the off-topic madness going on in this thread. lol

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 594
Though i don't listen to rap much ,yea i think i know what u talking about .

Madness ? - well i like EMINEM , his originality & no hold barred style keeps me coming back for more ! heh heh

Hmmm ,more madness - a guy just dissed me here https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/161679.html

& i was trying my best to help so many ppl whose threads just sit idly by when nobody else was caring to offer 2 cents ...

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1165
it is pretty obvious who posted that. do the initials JH mean anything to you? he posted about Alpine HU's, then if you look at his post count and click on his username, it shows he posted only once more before logging off. he was a little fired up in his post about the Alpine HU, so it would only make sense that he would be the one to flame you about the list in the following anonymous post.

either it is a BIG coincidence, or he wasn't smart enough to post a few more times after he did that.:-O
-------------------------------------------------
Detective Waters lmao

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 599
Muddy -thats an amazing theory , that guy rattled my brain with his sh!t so i had to read above a few times b4 i caught on what u getting @ . If thats the case then u really are 1 smart fellow .

So easily a guy gets ticked off eh !?
Forum admin should post that good/bad list up somewhere so ppl can easily see it so that us guys won't have to post it always in some1s thread - but i guess admin would get sued by all the companies who fall into the bad section - lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1168
yeah, this website definitely needs some upgrades.

-a constant moderator
-stickies at the top of each forum
-only allow registered people to post, so that way when someone starts flamin or spammin, the active moderator could boot them off
-avatars would be cool, but those pics get annoying some times.(the one right next to your name on other websites)
-active moderators would be the biggest help. it would eliminate a lot of riff-raff, like double-posted threads and people using insane amounts of foul language in one post stuff like that.

actually CAC has an updated list of those good bad and ugly brands in their sticky threads. and they haven't been sued yet, but their is a first time for everything. lol

yeah, it would only make sense that it was him, b/c it sounded like that anonymous post was just a continuation of his rant, and it isn't likely that some newb would come into that thread and start bashin you about posting that list, saying that the majority of the people that post that list haven't used the half of the products listed, implying that he has, and JH has some sort of ASE degree or something related to car audio.:-O

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 601
If we had avatars mine would be my blue crystal mk dragon - i got dibs on that - lol ,but avatars don't bother U & I as long as we upload a little image ,its the same thing .

Ya i know CAC has a new list but did not want to disrespect their hard work & steal it & put it on this forum - now that would have GW seeing red !

I do keep a copy of it on my pc desktop for my own personal reference though .

I do happen to hate follow along reading on CAC & keep reading da blasted 'quotes' 2 the bottom of each post .

His profile says 'ASE Certified Master Mechanic' hmmm not car audio certified - but still he should not have been such a dick about it ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
uh-huh....

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1174
i am changing the bass amp i will be getting. i gave my audioshop $ for the Treo amp, and he called to order it(August 21st) and they said it would be 4 to 6 weeks before they could start shipping them out b/c they are due to get in new circuit boards with a few upgrades on them.

so a week ago he called Treo and they said they got a shipment of the new cb's in and they didn't like a few of the things on it/how they were operating, so he told him it would be another 4 weeks.

i am a very impatient person, and am surprised that i was able to wait this long, but i can not wait any longer, and i have decided to fork out a little more $ and go with a DLS amp, the DLS Ultimate A6 in particular.:-) i can say nothing but good things about DLS, seeing that i have two sets of their mids and highs and have heard their top of the line 3-way components and was left with my jaw on the floor, so i think it is money well spent, and besides that, they are an extremely respected company in Europe, and will have it in stock ready to be shipped.:-)(or i am taking a plane flight to Sweden. lol)

here is a link to the amp:
http://www.dls.se/english/index.htm

tell me what you think about this amp selection.

the main reason i chose the Treo was b/c it does 375wRMS at 4 ohms(which is what my sub is wired at b/c it is a 4 ohm SVC) and does 1500wRMS at 1 ohm, which leaves me a lot of room for upgrading.

however, i am REALLY leaning towards the IDMAX, which you have almost sold me on(like a car salesman lol) and i do not need 1500wRMS for one IDMAX, that is just overkill. i had planned on getting 2 Treo SSi 12's(750wRMS each).

but i want more SQ over SPL now that i have been on this forum and respect clean sounding bass a lot more than balls out bass before with only moderate SQ.

i just wrote a lot lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1175
the link doesn't take you where you need to go so click on amps then look under Ultimate and then click on A6.:-O

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 606
I have dial up & am currently online downloading some music (i really like old skool so i'm downloading some bruce springsteen songs) - so my speed is really slow right now doing that .

I have never really checked out DLS website b4 - I have about 70 of the more popular companies that i know of on my desktop but there are so many companies i find out about everyday on this forum that i haven't gotten to em as yet .

Will give u my 2 cents as soon as i check it out . Treo - hmmm , says on their website that they ahve been in car audio only since 1999 ,they are famous for their DJ loudspeakers though .

How are DLS prices/quality compared to Rainbow or even ID comps ?

I have to give credit to Jonathan/Isaac for giving me the idea that the IDQ/IDMAX are so good (they compared it to JL in SQ ) in my thread 'idmax vs jl' - but i actually got their inputs 1st on some1 elses thread then i ran that 1 .

Have u considered Zapco amps ? - these guys on this forum says its like the ultimate heavy weight of current amps available .

Like u i do prefer SQ (maybe SQL) than lousy SPL , but i don't know if 2 IDmax might even be too loud ! . My current subs combined do 800wrms & thats pretty loud to me ,not sure i'd want to jump 2.5 times up to those maxes , maybe 2 IDQs might be enough .
Will check out your soon to be stuff later on ...

Impatient huh !? - by chance u were born in December like me ? , let me put it to ya this way ,I got very little patience with living objects but non-living material stuff i got a ton like perfectly building/making something ...lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1177
i am looking at DLS amps b/c my audioshop carries them and i can get it at dealer cost + shipping:-O

i am not sure, but i believe one or two or so of the guys that founded MMATS audio broke off and formed his/their own company(Treo).

Treo is know for their durability, and loudness. they started in SPL comps and are slowly working their way around to SQ drivers( the TSX series).

DLS's pricey(est) set of speakers is their Iridium 8" 3-way components that retail $1200 or so.

Jonathan highly recommends them, and the owner(Steven Head) of the audioshop i go to won the Iasca World Championship with them in 2003 in his repsective class:-O

if your pioneers with 800wRMS are loud to you then you wouldn't want to sit in the car with 2000wRMS on two 12's(IDMAX's no less).

i was born in June.

if you go to www.dlsamerica.com (which makes more sense b/c i live in America, not Sweden lol) and click on US Dealers, and scroll down to Florida, you can see the information of the audioshop i go to:-O Audionutz

i am thinking about getting an IDMAX 12" and putting it in its respective sized ported box. or maybe 2 IDQ 12"s in a ported box.

i really like single sub setups, b/c when people ask to see what you or whoever may be demoing their vehicle have, i really get a kick out of it when they say "there is only one sub?", or "that's a really big box for only one sub." then i think to myself, thats b/c it has the proper airspace. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
hmmm...

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1178
what's up Jill?:-O

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 607
i just thought of something a guy who post on the amp/sub section name's Mazdaman has 2 IDMAX 12s in his car ! - this wk sometime i asked him how they were & he said they were some of the best SQL he's ever heard . U can look into some threads & find him & hear from him your self . He said he removed 1 of his subs & has 1 now so he'll be the guy u wanna talk to .

MMAts - heard that word mention less than 5 times since i signed on here & apparently even less than 5 ppl know them too . But i do know about them cause we got quite a few enthusias here who has em & i heard a few - can't believe that much power comes from such a small amp , their Juggernauths subs are killer too . (heard a rumour that a guy is coming out with a van full of 10 15s in my country !)

$1200 - hmmm thats what my soon to be new system is gonna costs not incl new type of subs .

If your guy knows about DLS 1st hand & giving u a good deal then go for it . Seems very few guys on the forum go for the really good/high end stuff like u .

Fully understand what u getting @ in your last paragraph - too bad ID didn't make a 15idmax ,maybe the SQ would drop if they created a 15 .

Like evrybody's talking about RE & their xxx - would u not consider 1 too or u wanna be separated from the crowd .

Thats pretty much all Jill says in her posts - she just likes acknowledging that shes around - lol

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 608
Don't LOL , don't lol - but right now i'm downloading some Dixie Chicks !!!
I like all kinda music so i'd thought i'd hear some of their songs - not too bad , its different - kinda pop with some country guitar work ... not too cheezy as some ppl make them out to be .Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1180
i would love to have an RE XXX!

but the fact of the matter is, i am so used to being able to get stuff for real cheap, that there is no way i would pay $400+ for 1 12" LOLUpload

if IDMAX came in a 15" then i wouldn't sleep at night until i had one. lol

i also like u said want to be separated from the crowd. when someone hears my system and asks what kind of equipment i have and i tell them i want them to say "what, i've never heard of that before, instead of oh <insert> my friend has two of their <insert>" know what i mean?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1181
that didn't come out right

i also like u said want to be separated from the crowd. when someone hears my system and asks what kind of equipment i have and i tell them i want them to say "what, i've never heard of that before, instead of oh *insert mainstream brand here*, my friend has two of their *insert model of mainstream brand subs here* " know what i mean?

that looks and flows better.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1182
i like a few of the Dixie Chicks songs, but i can't remember the names. i would recognize the songs if i heard them.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 609
Well then get 2 of the top o the line BOSS subs , pretty sure no1 else got them - LOL .

Am using limewire to get their songs .

U would also lol if i told u in my country Boss amps r VERY popular . See its pretty cheap & alot of ppl get caught up in 'wow its a 3000w amp - & plenty power cheap' even some of them know about rms they would still say about that same amp its '2300wrms - thas damn good' ! . Some brag about Boss Hu too ,
Alot of ppl here have Pyramid stuff too & for them thas da bomb . Pioneer subs like mine also very popular cause its cheap (amped by Boss of course !) .
But we do have a liitle of the real audiophiles with MMATS , JL , MB Quart stuff too just that these ppl don't show off their stuff as much .

You're finding it hard to pay $400 a sub huh - what about JL's 13w7 - $799 online !!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 610
Er - sub section gone haywire again ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
oh, hi guys.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1185
well, lok at it like this, i could get to Treo SSi subs for $475 (tax and shipping included)

2 of those retail for $795 (tax and shipping included)

i would be able to get IDMAX at dealer cost.
here, read the following link, it gives you an idea of the procucts that i can get for REAL cheap:-)

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1186
*well, look at it like this, i could get 2 Treo SSi subs for $475 (tax and shipping included)*

had to fix it:-)

can't give you the link b/c the sub forum is down(which seems like it happens every few days now)

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 612
I'm here now...

Sunday morn u know so i work up around 9.30 ...went to bed around 1.30 after spending so much time online .

Just checked & saw sub section is back on .

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 618
Treo looks nice - but will they match the SQ thats reported on the IDs ?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1187
no, i was just giving an example of my prices.
ID would wipe the Floor with Treo in terms of SQ, now in terms of SPL, Treo gets out the mop & bucket. lol

here's the link.:-)
these are the brands that i can get really good deals on.
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=4&post=448025#POST448025

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 620
Uh - u mean the brands that those guys have pics on ?
But if u went Treo on subs it would mean u after more spl then sql .
What about 1 of this for some sql http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2148

or even a lil bit more SQPL ,1 of this http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2150

Hardly anybody heard of this brand so u can definitely stand apart from the crowd . Does your audioshop pal carry them ?

Check also small/neat looking their amps are .

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1207
i dont plan on getting Treo subs anymore:-)
i am either going to get ID or DLS.

here are the brands i can get:
he sells:Arc Audio, Image Dynamics, Cerwin-Vega, Treo, US Amps, DLS, Focal, JBL, Pioneer, Morel, Alto, TRU Technology, and Digital Designs.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 623
Now i see y your mind is set on certain products cause u will get a good price from him .

Either of the 2 brands u chose should be good - would be best to audition a sub of each in your car ,thats the true test .

So what do u do by him - just hang around & help for free hoping to learn more & get experience off it ?

For a sub amp i'd pick US amps then 2nd choice Arc outta all them brands .

I saw he carries Pioneer to - u ever personally heard that 5000w model of Premier ?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1212
"So what do u do by him - just hang around & help for free hoping to learn more & get experience off it ?"

exactly, and in an exchange for a paycheck, i get things at a severely reduced cost.:-O

"For a sub amp i'd pick US amps then 2nd choice Arc outta all them brands ."

Us Amps went down the drain after they got bought out by some Japanese company.:-(
Arc Audio Amps are Really nice, but i just found out that the amp i will be getting, the A6, is a high-current class a/b amp(kinda like the ones in Glasswolf's setup that he uses to power his 2 XXX's) so it will be lots of very clean power which is cool for me now that i will be buying an SQL sub.:-O

i enjoy talking to you more than talking to newbs in the car audio forum, it's too bad we don't live closer, or we could hang out and talk car audio, instead of my fingers cramping up on the keyboard. lol

i was thinking of getting a 12" IDMAX, but now i am thinking of getting two 12" DLS Iridium 12's and running the amp at 1 ohm.

i change my mind every 5 minutes, so i might never decide on some subs. lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1213
"i was thinking of getting a 12" IDMAX, but now i am thinking of getting two 12" DLS Iridium 12's and running the amp at 1 ohm."

duh, i said what size they were and then said it again. lol

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 636
Oh yeah - i heard that about Us on the forum but 4got . If u can still get the good ol USA made 1s that would be cool .

Yep too bad location is not closer - BTW do u even know where my country is located , pull out your Atlas , Trinidad is an island just west of Venezuela (South America !). Only 1 other guy from my country i saw posted here , JusJase is his user name - i helped him locate a JL 10w7 locally .

I fully well know what u mean about talking about cars/audio - just this Friday i went to guy i do business with who also does some car customizing as a sideline job & we both talked about cars/audio for about 2.5 hrs while i hanged around his shop . I didn't realised the time passing by so easily & that day i ended up having lunch around 3.30 !

Also did what u mean about not being able to settle on audio products . Just b4 i told u what i was getting as my new car audio , i had changed my mind 3 times b4 i settled on those . My bro lives in Florida & ended up sending 3 lists to order each wk & he said i was driving him nuts trying to decide which to order .

Just b4 i joined in on this forum on May i was going with Hifonics for 4 chan & mono amps & Soundstream for components . I knew that long time they were really good brands but when i joined on i found out mass marketing etc that their standards dropped .

So to i picked out my final selections i sat 3 days about 6hrs each time online non stop searching .

U are getting it all @ costs so u can experiment & sell back if not satified . I know this guy near me who changes equip every 4mths or so cause he just like trying out different set-ups ......

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 638
Wow - i wrote alot , see its like the guy on speed channel says 'car crazy' - Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1225
"U are getting it all @ costs so u can experiment & sell back if not satified ."

never thought about it like that. i could be makin some serious illegal coin!!! lol

so have what have you decided to go with for your sub setup?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 640
I already picked out the other stuff u see in my profile & by my bro has already the MB amp from CF & the other stuff he should have ordered by now too .He's gonna post it all down to me hopefully this wk or early next wk .

Will use my cheap azz Pio subs for now .. they r pretty agood econo subs though , gets loud but SQ could be better especially when its playing @ low volume - more spl than sq , got them in a pvc ported box , want to experiment & build a slot ported box to see if there's any major difference .

But don't u change out too often or your guy will think u r doing it to make some profit off his generousity .

'I know this guy near me who changes equip every 4mths or so cause he just like trying out different set-ups' - this guy just yesterday was telling me that he sold off his BOSS RIP3 amp which he bought in May & he got back same price he paid for it !
He now wants to try the smaller sized BOSS IQ series amps which is same rated power as the RIP3 . Didn't want to burst his bubble so i said 'Y don't u try Power Acoustik instead _ sell same price as Boss ' (u & I know that should be better than Boss !)
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1235
Boss is Bose hiding behind an "s". lol

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 643
Just telling u how some guys on my side operate .

However , my dream system would be all out JL (with 13w7 subs) just 4 the fun of it . I read so much about them it has me droolin ! Saw a 13w7 in a local audio store but never heard 1 - but man, that things built impressive . From far ,the front looks like a cheap azz Audiopipe sub but behind the cone i was humbled from what i saw ! Upload

Do u get speed channel & look @ "UNIQUE WHIPS" ???

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1241
i get speed channel, but i hardly ever watch t.v. anymore with school, work, and my audioshop:-)

i wasn't trying to diss your friends or the stuff you guys buy, just trying to be funny.

JL has extremely nice stuff, and i have noticed that the only arguement people have against JL is their price, other than that if they were reasonably priced, then i think JL would be mentioned a lot more than RE.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 644
Getting pretty sleepy so i'm off to bed - will talk to ya in the morn MW ....... later !

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1243
lol, i was about to post the same thing. peace

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 645
Well i'm back on . Man. i overslept this morn & opened my shop late - lol

"i wasn't trying to diss your friends or the stuff you guys buy, just trying to be funny" - oh i knew that ,thought i'd share some info on how some ppl dig Boss & think 'ya - Boss is really da Boss !'

If i ran a thread on it ,it might end up long like the 'audiobahn' thread.

So u work part time & still attend some schooling eh - what are u currently studying ?

What'll be 'da baddest/loudest' & best SQL systems u helped on in your buddy's audioshop ?

Well ya - if JL was priced like Kicker/RF/Orion/Alpine , then who da hell would buy those others ! . I mean if a Benz/Bmw was regularly priced like a Lexus for eg nobody would buy Lexus . Something these guys who bad-mouth JL should understand ...

Getting back to the show "UNIQUE WHIPS" - its nice to see JL exclusively being used there .

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 656
Hey Muddy - whats happening .......

Silver Member

Post Number: 243
huh?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1264
right now i am taking(my major is Accounting, but it changes every day. lol)
-Principles of management
-Macroeconomics
-Microcomputer applications

-the baddest/loudest, would have to be the 4 Oz Audio 12's he has in his honda civic.SQL
-then this other guy has 2 DLS Iridium 15's in his VW Golf. SQL
-one of the installers has 2 Alto Mobile Falstaff subs in his honda civic.SQ
-this other guy with an RSX had 4 Arc Audio 8's.SQL
-the owners cousin has 2 Oz Audio subs in his S10.SQ
-another one of the installers has 8 Arc Audio 12's in his Dodge Dakota in a wall right behind the seats.SQL
-this one guy had three Treo SSi 12's in his Suburban.SPL
-this other dude that used to do something for HBO had 2 Treo SSX 15's in his Tahoe.SPL
-one of the car's parked in the shop is a 300zx with 2 Treo SSX 12's in it.SPL
-a Dodge Ram Hemi with 2 Treo TSX 12's in the tool box.SQL
- a Nissan Frontier with 2 Treo SSi 10's in the tool box.SPL

that's about all that i can think of right now.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 661
Wow - thas serious audio stuff there man .

Wondering how good are OZ/Arc subs - more SQ than SPL ?

Like you are training to be a CEO 1 day - lol .
Some day we might see a new shop open called 'Auto Audio ...by Mr. Waters' Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1289
OZ Audio used to be like one of "the best" SQL speakers abck in the day.

Arc Audio makes very nice SQ stuff.

'Auto Audio ...by Mr. Waters'

LMAO:-O

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1290
btw, my real name is Josh if you were wondering:-)

Muddy Waters was the nickname of a famous Blues Musician, i don't really listen to any of his music, i just kinda liked his name. lol

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 665
Hey Josh

My actual name is Rovin - pronounced 'raw-vin' ! ...

only 1 other person who is my nephew's friend has that name far as i know but i'm about 10yrs older than him - so i got dibbs !

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1315
OKAY......... i have FINALLY DECIDED on my new setup.:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O(always wanted to do that. lol)

i am going to get a 12" IDMAX, and run it with my DLS ULtimate A6(which i will be getting by the end of the week hopefully) and it will be going in a 2.8 ft3 ported enclosure tuned to about 28hz(i will not be building the box, Steve will:-))

What do you think?

I think i will be very happy, b/c i was already happy with the amount of bass my 10" put out(around 130db) and it will sound Great!:-O

i was going to get the Treo's, but i listen to Rap/Rock about 60/40, so i still want very good SQ, but i know the IDMAX will get loud enough for me when i am listening to my rap.(gotta have my rap lol)

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 672
Well guess i really sold u on that IDmax eh .

Really hate it on the forum when u give some newb an idea & they ask u every single detail on what to do (convinced that they WILL do just that) then all a sudden they post a thread that they got something else & wanna know what amp/sub .......

U r jumping from a 300w sub to a 1000w so u'd better darn well be pleased . 130db - on that termlab mike them guys always talking about ?
Then guesstimate that maybe 140dbs it would hit ? .

White boy pounding rap cruising down the mains huh - lol . Eminem is the only rap artist that i listen too - i like more old skool 80s pop/metal/rock/dance stuff . I like all the 80s early 90s 'hair bands' - The Scorpions are my all time fav Metal band . i had long hair too ,lol - u know that was the trademark when u listen to metal but i wore normal clothing & NO g@y earrings !

I'd always go for SQ (& L) system for me personally - i can't understand Y ppl would buy some big spl subs & blast themselves deaf just so that they can get attention driving down the street . Now if they got a really loud but CLEAR sound system - well hell yeah play it briefly loud/proud , lol ! Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1364
"U r jumping from a 300w sub to a 1000w so u'd better darn well be pleased"

yeah, and i am only pushing 180wRMS to my single 10"

and i will be pushing 870wRMS to the 12" IDMAX, b/c i read on another thread that no more than 800wRMS is needed to bring out its full potential, besides that, i can run my amp at 2 ohms instead of 1, and that will put less of a strain on my amp(which is Class A/B.:-)

glasswolf said he would pick it over the other Class D Treo amp i was going to get too, so that means it has to be halfway decent right? lol

yeah, i used to be into all that loud thumping bass, and i finally got it through my head that i would rather have my music as accurate to the original recording as possible, instead of having really loud, sloppy bass.

i used to hate rap, and then about 3 years ago, i started listening to it, and couldn't get enough. you would never guess what i listened to when i was a kid growing up.....COUNTRY!!! lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1365
picture of the new XXX due in November
Upload

Picture of the new XXX compared to the old XXX
Upload

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 674
1.38 am - man don't ya sleep !

Now i see y every1 on the forum is drooling about it so much , kinda like ppl waiting on the next gen gaming consoles ....

Nothin is wrong listening to rap as long as u don't 'act a fool'/behave ,dress like the image they display in their videos - u know like that Jamie guy in the movie 'MALIBU'S MOST WANTED" or the teens on the 'poser-mobile' commercial . Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1378
i got up this morning at 9am, so i am a little tired(had to finish some stuff for school). lol

yeah, i am in to the whole rap music part of it, but i don't act like i am something i'm not. i mainly wear shorts, t-shirt(sometimes Polos) and tennis shoes or flip-flops. i don't go out and get shirts that are 10 sizes too big and wear my pants at my knees. lol

that sub looks sweet, but i am curious to see what they did with the new motor, they dropped XBL2, and they have done something entirely different.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 677
'MALIBU'S MOST WANTED" - now that was a pretty funny movie .....

Yeah ,me too i like Polo type tops what we call 'botton-up jerseys' & dress pants with some rubber sandals . Hate shirts cause i hate ironing - lol . I do not like any of those normal t-shirts where the neck is circle & 'chokes ya neck' , don't like much shoes/sneakers either - i like to keep it simple/casual , heck i go to the bank that way .....

Will those current comp & amp for it u got keep up with the bass of that new IDmax or upgrades on that too in the future ?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1380
"Will those current comp & amp for it u got keep up with the bass of that new IDmax or upgrades on that too in the future ?"

Definitely, right now, i am splitting 75 watts RMS between the front pair of speakers, and the same in the back.
When i get my Bass amp, i will be able to use the other one on just my mids and highs(which are very loud right now) and will split 150 watts RMS between the front and the same between the back.:-)

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 697
Hey Josh - i bought some brand new rims/tires today . Previously my ride came with 13s !!! - so now i got 15s with 195/50 series tires .... broad 5 spoke simple pattern - looks sweeeeeeet !

To tell u how different it looks when i was coming back home with em , i stopped by my sister & her husband & he seeing a car parked in the yard had to think twice who's car is that . He knew my car is the same model but did a double take when he saw me & ran back to really check it out . Will post some pics to ya soon as i can ....

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1396
sweet, i am happy for you.:-)
can't wait to see some pics.:-)

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1404
Remember that 300zx i was tellin you about that hits 152db at 44hz?
i finally got some pics of it on my computer so i can post them on here:
Upload
2 USA 2000x's
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
XBOX mounted under dash on passenger side
Upload
Disc Tray molded into the Dash
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 704
Mighty impressive ! - i would fraid to have earlier eaten & go sit it that car - cause i might soil his seat !!!!!

Sitting in there that thing must have your ear lobes flapping like a bird . What brand of HU is that ? - can't see it clearly . SQ might be pushed aside in favor of Sp - but how does it sound generally ?

Run a thread on it entitled "A 152BD SET-UP !"

Er - i think that i got 1up on his rims , mines definitly looks better . lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1409
it is an Eclipse HU.
it has an anti-skip feature in which it stores 10 seconds of music. perfect for that setup! lol

yeah, i think he needs new rims.:-O

i think i will run a thread on it, but i just posted a new one in the sub forum(remember how i said i change my mind like every five minutes) lol

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 715
Man - u gonna drive ya self 2 da nut house !
Hope that when its time 2 pick a wife u don't go changing that easily - LOL

I recently had that frustration of picking products but finally settled & if i feel i can get better i'll sell em off & buy again .
U have the major advantage over many in that u r getting it co$t price & can still sell over if tired of it - i'd still say go with your original instincts & get that 1 12' idmax .... though personally i must say i would think that 2 12s IDq would be louder with more SQ & louder than a single 12 idmax .......Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
wow.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1419
"U have the major advantage over many in that u r getting it co$t price & can still sell over if tired of it - i'd still say go with your original instincts & get that 1 12' idmax .... though personally i must say i would think that 2 12s IDq would be louder with more SQ & louder than a single 12 idmax ......."

You are completely correct in every aspect.

I will stick to Image Dynamics, and have considered 2 IDQ's, but like i said before, i really like single sub setups for a number of reasons.(cheaper, better shock factor when you show someone, less space required, etc.):-O

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1420
what's up Jill?
how's everything?
haven't seen you on in a while.:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
not much.
everything fine.
yeah.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1444
dude......i am so friggin hungry!!!
Upload
i wish we had some food in our fridge.:-( lol

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 731
Uh - what was that about .............

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 740
Have u ever read this Josh ?

http://www.carreview.com/cat/car-audio/subwoofers/image-dynamics/PRD_22359_1808c rx.aspx#reviews

http://www.carreview.com/cat/car-audio/subwoofers/image-dynamics/PRD_129920_1808 crx.aspx#reviews

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1463
I thought i wanted an IDMAX, then i thought i wanted something else, now i am certain that this is what i will be getting.(for around $280 shipped no less!:-O)

thank you Rovin, i can't believe i wasn't smart enough to look up review online, DUH!! lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1464
oh, lol about the hungry post.
sometimes i eat dinner late, but i am starving like right before i go to bed, and can't wait to wake up the next morning and get something to eat!.(cuz it's not good to eat right b4 you go to bed, your body stores everything as fat.)

that was one of those nights. lol

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 741
Forum is really slooooooooooow 2day so i had nothin better 2 do so i just google it - like what u been tellin alot of newbs !!!!!

Actually i was thinking about my options too cause a couple days ago a fellow countryman named Rawle & i met online on this forum & 2day he actually came 2 see me in my shop & is considering buying my 2 Pioneer 12s with box !

So if he actually does - i'm looking around 2 see whats out there & online retail price .

All the time i was thinking that the IDQ model = 500wrms when its actually 350 so thats y i said get 2 of em b4 - so my bad . Actually seeing they have a 15" IDQ = 450wrms

Right now i'm looking @ this site http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-bin/icastore.cgi?user_action=category&catego ry=Shop%20by%20Brand
& listening 2 Eminem's Encore album -lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1467
you want to know something creepy?
right now as i type this post, i am listening to "Superman" by Eminem! lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1468
that webiste lists the 10" IDMAX's at $395
and the 12" IDMAX at $299
seems kind of odd to me.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 742
"Actually seeing they have a 15" IDQ = 450wrms" - no that should be = 350wrms ....

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 743
More reading material 4 ya -
http://www.cardomain.com/reviews/list.pl?reviewed_sku=IDSIDMAX12V3D2

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1469
a 15" IDQ is rated at 600wRMS.

or at least the V.2 is.

http://imagedynamicsusa.com/products_page.php?id=idq&type=sub

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 744
Oh crap - u r right , i shoulda done like u & get to their website instead of reading that bunch of misinfo on online sites . 1 online site said its 350 other said 450 , damn pple like they don't proof-read what they advertise !

Since i already ordered & my bro in Florida received that C.Field MB Quart amp RAA1000 1000wrms @ 1ohm - i have 2 look @ options to work with that in case i sell off my subs .

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1470
you could go with two 12" IDQ's. that would be perfect for that amp(i'm sure you already knew that. lol)

Muddy-->Upload-->IDMAX

LOL

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1471
Rovin--->Upload--->Upload

LOL

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 747
Maybe i'd go with the advice i gave u & do 1 IDmax 12" - lol

Cool picture ,where'd u steal that from ?
I noticed though those terminals r cheap looking - is that how they actually come or is taht an older yr idq ?

Notice those gallery pics on id's site .
I posted in your "another idmax ?" thread ...

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1480
i googled the words "image dynamics IDQ"
and it was on the 1st page.

i think that is an earlier model.
the new ones are more of a teal than dark green.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1483
posted back in my thread.
going to bed now,catch to 2morrow.:-O

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1493
Check out this Treo CSX 12"
pretty sweet looking
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1494
check out this pic, i think from left to right it goes W7 - SSX - And Maybe a Soundsplinter Rl-p
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1495
random pics of the IDMAX.
not sure who's cat that is though. lol
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1496

Rovin
Silver Member

Trinidad (& Tobago) . West Indies

Post Number: 498
Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 01:01 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey dude - i had a bunch of tabs open & i guess i typed in the wrong 1 . I was asking MazdaMan about his set up & he said he loves his IDMAX .

1 10" D&D u got eh - though a guy like u would have @ least a 12" 1000wrms monster ....

lol, i will be getting an IDMAX so......ROAR!!! lol

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 751
I'm around ....

Hmmm - how tall is an idamx 12 ?

Currently looking @ MMATS subs
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.display&page_ID=14&category_ ID=23&mfg_account_ID=46&sort=low&=Update+Selection

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 752
what do u think about either 1 of us creating a new thread somewhere in this section so we can talk about our stuff - reason is , this thread takes a bit long to load up with d amt of stuff we both added ....

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1499
exactly what i was thinking.
check the thread list. he he
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us