Mine is complete whew!

Bronze Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 92
Ok I've just completed my dream, here it is: denon 6.1 amp, jbl e's all way round (7.1 setup w/ rears bridged)mits 55" wide, sony 400 dvd chgr, monster power station/line filter, all monster 3 series audio and video and speaker cables, phillips pronto remote (with lighting control), xbox (linked with another upstairs)dish 811, chater cable also for locals in hi def, and finally my jewel a sumiko project turntable(still luv the vinyl). The room has black dyed burlap on all walls, ceiling is painted flat black as is the crown and trim mold, 12" of wall and insulation, and finally the couch you see is decieving it is 10ft by 7ft with a 4 x 3 ottoman, the other room before the theater is an office with fish tank(37 gal fresh) exercise machine(dust collector) futon and desk with storage cabinets. Whadda ya think???

Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Javmo200

Michigan

Post Number: 28
Very nice
Do you have a picture of your rear 4 channels? What kind of remote do you have?
I lIKE IT

Bronze Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 95
its really hard to get a good shot in that room without flash and it doesnt do it justice, I have the pronto ng 3000

Bronze Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 96
here are some other pics
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 90
Holy cow, how much did that set up cost?

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 29
Joseph

Can you tell the difference between a 5:1 and 7:1 channel? I really like your set up. I am wire to 7:1 how ever I am only going to install a 5:1. my problem is the distance between back and side surround speakers is to close and looks crowded. The installer told me to hold on and just do 5.1 now--so now I have a brand new inwall klipsch speakers ( For sale) ...JM

Bronze Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 97
if you can get the side (5.1 surrounds) to the side of you as much as poss. then go with 7.1 . mine are 2ft in front of the listening position and the backs are obviously behind me, but the distances for the sides and backs are the same which is important even if you amp designates distance. Both are at 70" high but the whole key to this sounding great is the room. I had this same setup in the upstairs living room and it doesn't even hold a candle to this setup. The rectangle room, the fabric on the walls and the perfect distances made all the difference. Javier the thing about 7.1 or even 6.1 for that matter is the 360 deg sound field you just dont get with 5.1 so my advice is try to sqeeze one in back there.
David if I had to guess I would say that I have $9000 in equipment and $5000 in dvd's and $4000 in the room inc. the couch.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 30
JC

Thanks for the info--I will go for it--I am trying to post pictures of our place (under const) but I can say image to large..oh well I will try later--

Bronze Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 98
open image with "paint" and use the stretch/skew tool to reduce it's size

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 105
had just a couple more to show (sorry but I worked so hard on this)
Upload
Upload

da/ve yea baby!
Unregistered guest
Very impressive system (and office area). I like the setup, lighting, and attention to dimensions. I like the cabinets and fishtank (cool!). Great job

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 144
thanks dave

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 745
Sweet!!

Bronze Member
Username: Max190

Maryland Heights, Missouri US

Post Number: 34
Joseph,
Very nice setup dude. Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 27
Very nice man , looks like you put quite a bit of effort into it.

Bronze Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 21
very clean..is that an Imac G5 u got there? If so i gots one too, they are neato

Username: Nathanp

Atwood, IL USA

Post Number: 1
What are you using for connecting your DVD player,VCR, etc, to the receiver? Optical, HDMI, DVI, ANALOG or COAX? Im kind of a newbie at HT so please forgive me if I say a term wrong! lol

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 669
dvd, hi-def cable, xbox and hi-def sat are connected to the tv via component(three rca type) connection. Dvdr and std def sat are connected via s-video. Sound is optical from dvd, sat , cable and xbox to receiver.

I also changed the layout a little and added some stuff.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/system-showcase/147420.html

Bronze Member
Username: Jb007

The HagueEurope

Post Number: 22
This seup looks much neater Joseph. Sure you changed it for the better?

nice place though! congrats!

Silver Member
Username: Disco_stan

Minnesota

Post Number: 182
Yo Joe, what are your walls made out of...it looks like they are made of some kinda of acoustic material.

Username: Kenzpiano

NJ

Post Number: 1
Joseph, what's the color of your wall paint ? do you recommend i paint my walls a dark color ?

Silver Member

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 948
I painted my walls flat black and then covered them with black fabric, dyed burlap to be exact. Then nailed painted flat black crown and base mold on top with scribe at the fabric's seams. Works quite well. Not as good as proper room acoustic treatments, but a whole heck of alot cheaper.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 119
i like the fish:D and its nice

Bronze Member
Username: Apresler07

Canal Winchester, Ohio USA

Post Number: 45
That is a very nice setup. How much Did The whole electronics part of that cost?

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 438
joseph coulson that is incredible u really put some serious cash into that

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4832
*jaw hits floor*.......

Bronze Member
Username: Furyous

FL USA

Post Number: 46
Beautiful setup, dude. It's the best feeling when one of your systems finally comes together, especially when it is your dream system.

Looks like you have a great space for a projector, too. Very low ambient light and dark colors. Would be cool to have a 150" screen for football games.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 159
looks like its a couple hundred miles below ground it so dark!!!

Silver Member
Username: Darth

The woodlands

Post Number: 101
Joseph,

Very nice indeed, congrats man

Gold Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1476
MISS THAT ROOM!
Oh well, the gear I have now blows that stuff away - but it was really nice having a dark as you like dedicated room for listening and watching...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us