Changed

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 577
here is the new setup, added nad amp and totem speakers for two channel setup . also added shelves above and to the side.Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Jb007

The HagueEurope

Post Number: 21
where is the DVD player? Is it stacked on top?

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 677
its bottom right, 400 disc changer.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 834
bottom right on the shelf.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1852
I'll bet you Lance wins.

HEH

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 871
Replaced the NAD with this baby, what a beautiful difference.

Upload

Username: Loki69

Memphis, Tn Usa

Post Number: 7
what is that?

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 899
Tube amp for music system.

Unregistered guest
Joe,
Oakwood, GA is one of my favorite places, usually stay at the Comfort Inn and eat at the B_B_Q place behind the purple building whe attending Road Atlanta races.
I have a Mitsubishi TV Model CS-27200 and I want to hear the sound through head phones but I can find no place to plug them in. Do you have any ideas? Thank you.
Ralph Bush, Arroyo Grande, CA

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1511
Hi Joseph, I hadn't seen pictures of your setup before. Very nice!

Silver Member

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 951
TY Art,
Ralph, I am not sure if that is a REAL question or if you are messing with me. By the way, it seems as if you are describing Braselton, which is the town that Road Atlanta is in. Unless it's Sonny's you are talking about?

Bronze Member
Username: Apresler07

Canal Winchester, Ohio USA

Post Number: 44
WOW a tube amp how much did that run you?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4140
Wow man, you revived a post that is more than a year old!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Holy Crap i didnt even notice that. I should pay a little more attention.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9931
LOL...
Do a search on Jolida tube amps. You'll get an idea of how much it will cost you to get one.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4320
Their pure tube amps (not their hybrid models) are ridiculously priced. Around 1-3k with a 6k system somewhere in their current lineup. I would rather have a good solid state amp, haha.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10274
You'd be surprised at how much money people can throw at their gear.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Yeah. My whole setup cost less than his speakers and im happy with what i have now, i just need to replace my sub and i will be set for audio.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4325

quote:

You'd be surprised at how much money people can throw at their gear.

Definitely! That's one of the reasons why I just am not into home audio very much. The gear is ridiculous, some good B&W speakers paired with a nice receiver or components is the most I would ever care to spend on a home theater system. I would rather spend my money on something else after that point :-) New car, anyone? haha

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10275
Well, my wife went to Italy and bought us a nice Sonus Faber Cremona set up. I didn't think it was ridiculous at all.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4329
You're a lucky man, Berny :-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4682
tube amps look AWESOME....

that looks like something that would belong in a 30's Frankenstein movie in the laboratory!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10437
You should try it some time, muddy!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4696
they are hella expensive.

in fact DLS just came out with one for Car Audio....hmmmmmm:-)

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 432
i never even seen nor heard or a tube amp before, pretty interestion learn suttin new everday

Silver Member

Post Number: 433
muddy wats goin on wit j de signs

Gold Member

Post Number: 4831
i dunno what you mean.

it works fine for me.

ehh i haven't been there in a few days come to think of it. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 441
it works good but its goin slow at one time there was alot people joinin fast but now its startin to hit ground

Bronze Member
Username: Furyous

FL USA

Post Number: 43
Love the Jolida- if you want to do tubes on a budget, go for a '60's Fischer, Scott, or Harmon amp. You can usually pick them up on Ebay for a couple of hundred. Great for pure, two channel listening. The imaging is incredible. I discovered this when I bought an old console stereo that I was going to gut and replace with newer components. It had a Fischer 800-B tube receiver in it, and I decided to try it out to see what it sounded like. It blew my mind- I researched the tube vs. solid state thing and found that there is a huge contingency for tube amps. I listened to it for five years while my new Sony collected dust. I'm sad to say that it was stolen, so I replaced it about 4 years ago with a Scott LK-48b integrated amp that I run through homemade speakers. If you haven't tried tubes, try an old amp- you won't regret it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4868
dammit....i want that DLS tube amp now.:-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10564
I think you should start putting your money on decent home audio gear:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4913
i need a home first:-(

Gold Member

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 1094
Wow, you guys revived my absolutely dead post. kudos I have a few changes since all this. I put in power cables on the Jolida and Audioquest diamondback interconnects between it and the new denon 2910. Also switched out the mains for JBL towers and upgraded the power conditioner. Thanks for all the kind words and reviving my room.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 136
I sure would like to hear those tube amps. I have been debating what to do with the master bedroom system and a simple two channel solution sure is tempting. I also like the DVD player choice.

Where are the pictures of the JBL's????

P.S. Your photo reminds me I need to get back on my bicycle after the holidays. Too much Christmas cheer!!!!

Happy Holidays and enjoy the new equipment.

Bronze Member
Username: Acutemi

Post Number: 21
The tube amp looks nice and its specs are GREAT, but the reason why industry went from tube amps to current technologies is because of heat, power, and reliability. It's just nonsense to do tube amps (although they look nice) when you can get longer life and reliability with the not so old newer IC version. You can also make a pseudo version of the tube amp for the looks without the cost!

In my opinion, tube amps are like LP's and needles, yes they may offer the "original" sound, but why do you want it? Anyway just my two cents worth and to help keep this old post going

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 137
Some speakers are famous for their sound using tube amps. JBL's are one of them. I agree that tube amps produce a lot of heat and have reliability issues but some of the newer products on the market combine the sound of tube amp and the relability and low distortion of SS components. Some people like all the tweaking of tubes. It does get old but again, some of the newer solutions have greatly improved on this area. Heat? Well, that is argueable. I have a class A Technics in the bedroom now after the Harman Kardon tube receiver finally died and it generates more heat than the tube amp/reciever ever did!

Now I have not heard some of the newer gear being designed and sold but it is intriguing when you read the specs.

Solid State can sound incredible but for some people it is a sound that is hard to adapt to. The clarity and lack of roll off can be emphatic with some speaker designs like JBL's compression drivers.

Are tubes and the analog world for everyone? Probably not and a speaker with high sensitivity would be a minimum requirement IMO. But, unless you take the plunge, you will never know what combination sounds best to you.

Happy Holidays!

Gold Member

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 1140
FYI, the tubes are running a pair of Totem Rainmakers, the denon runs JBL towers that have replaced the JBL books shown above. No comparison for pure musical detail versus the two speakers. Totem rules!!!

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2751
Looks worthless I wouldn't let my dog 5hit in this piece of 5hit and yes I know it was you Joe who was give me all the 5hit with those phoney usernames yes someone ratted you out!

Upload

So unless you want to find a real horses head laying besides you, you have now crossed the line, that why you have been so quite for days because your phoney usernames got banned!

Do you mock me, your now standing on thin ice!

Gold Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1190
Try again moron, you and I made our truce when I first started posting again.

Username: Mattman12

Post Number: 10
Very nice indeed. Must have a real love for electronics.

Username: Imjross

NJ USA

Post Number: 1
Nice !
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts