Sennheiser HD565 Headphones - Intermittant Faults

Username: G6mxl

Post Number: 2
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD565 headphones which are at least 12 years old. They are very confortable, but have developed several intemittant sound faults over the years. I have found 3 separate contributing faults.

1. The 3.5mm to 1/4 inch adaptor sometimes goes a little intermittant. Just removing and re-inserting the 3.5mm jack into it seems to clear this fault.

2. The lead itself is intermittant. Make sure that it really is the lead and not where it goesinto the headphones themselves. If it is the lead, then spares are still available (several are advertised on eBay).

3. The socket arrangement where the red and black plug go into the headphones can become intermittant. This can easily be repaired with little effort. a) Remove the red and black plugs from the headphone, making sure that you pull on the plugs and not the leads. b) Remove the individual phones from the headband by carfully pulling the 'Y' shaped grey-coloured brackets apart little -sufficient just to remove the individual left or right phone. c) Remove the cloth foam pads and the foam that covers the driver. d) Optionally you may want to clean or replace these - spares are advertised on eBay. e) Gently lever up the drive unit from the socket end - you will need to very carefully help the drive unit out of the 4 plastic catches. f) Turn over the drive unit and you will see where the red or black plug went in. g) Push the correct one in and you will see how it is supposed to mke contact. h) Remove the plug. i) With a small screwdriver very carefully move the silver spring-like arrangement a little. j) Push the correct plug in again, and reconnect to a suitable signal source. k) Check that the individual driver is no longer intermittant. l) Repeat for the other driver if ncessary, then re-assemble and you are finished.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15288
Way to go on that info!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts