Ideas For Headphones

Username: Spottedfeather

Independence, Missouri U.S.A

Post Number: 10
I'm looking to get a new pair of headphones after my pair of Sony MDR-V250s bit the dust. I really don't want to spend much more than 20 dollars or so. I use headphones just for my laptop and sometimes a portable cd player. I looked around and narrowed it down to a few choices....

Sony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones
These are almost identical to the ones that just broke. They were a good set when they worked.

Sony MDR-XD200
these look to be really good headphones, though I'm not really into silver coloured electronics. Plus, they're the over the ear kind which I'm not really fond of.

JWIN JHV100
These are the ones that I'm leaning towards the most. Though they are over the ear headphones, which I don't like, they do have individual volume controls on each ear cup....which is good. I hear a lot more out of my right ear than my left and would need the variable balance controls to even out the sound field. My previous headphones didn't have this but I could achieve this (sort of) with the sound controls on my iBook. The only downside of that is the sound quality goes down slightly.

So....do you guys (and girls ?) have any ideas ? Do any of you have any of these headphone sets or even just tried any of them ? Or maybe another kind of headphones in the 20 dollar or so range that I haven't even thought of ? Preferably with variable balance and not over the ear....though I can live with over the ear and no variable balance if I have to. Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14171
How long did your Sony last?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I don't know exactly but at least four years or so. The only problem that I ever really had with them is the part where the earcups slide up into the headband cracked a little. The headphones themselves were just fine until a couple of days ago.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14174
I don't see any reason why you should change anything. Just get the Sony if you were happy with them.

Or you could also take a look at what Sennheiser, Skull Candy, or Audio Technica has to offer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thanks. I am leaning towards the Sony or the JWIN, but I'll definately check out the others you mentioned.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us