Maxell, Jensen, EarHugger, and a $ Store Brand Connected?

Bronze Member
Username: Your_mom890

Post Number: 15
My friend has a pair of dollar store (not audiphile obviously) headphones that have a volume control that is flakey. They are made by Sahil (who knows?). I bought and returned a pair of Maxell headphones that had this SAME volume control, and was flakey.

A complete different experience, I bought a good pair of EarHugger brand headphones, and noticed the headphones looked too darn similar to a Jensen pair I owned in the past. I typed in Jensen in Amazon and not only did I find the same pair in a different build, the volume control headphones had the same VC staring at me.

Maybe my theory is correct. All the cheap companies in the world are connected.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 232
Many of these companies "farm out" so to speak, the work to a huge corporation to produce the products for them.

Just because they look alike does not mean they were made by the same company.

Even in the ultra high end (speakers priced upwards of $10,000 a pair), you have speaker companies buying the individual speakers (like the woofer for the bass) from huge firms. This is well known in the audiophile community. Many dislike this practice, and prefer to see companies making all the components themselves, from the cabinets to the speakers. One such company is Paradigm, and they cover all price ranges (except the really expensive).

www.paradigm.com

Now, I know that you were speaking of headphones, not speakers. I just wanted to put this into perspective for you using something that I was innately more familiar with. I hope this helps.

As far as headphones, I believe that Grado designs all of their products in house. Their products start around $65 if memory serves me correctly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us