Sennheiser HD 495s - looking for something similar

Username: Pink_escape

Cardiff

Post Number: 1
After two years of happiness my HD-495s are now useless after I broke the jack off the lead. A new lead is going to set me back near £20 and rewiring it seems pretty fiddly.

I've decided to take this misfortune as an opportunity to get some nice spankin new headphones. The 495s are no longer in production and I'd like to try something different - maybe better soundwise.

I love how comfortable and light the 495s are and they suit my little head! Also I defo don't want closed cups. Does anybody have any siggestions?

One more note...I was using another lead my 495s which had two of the plugs to go in headphones (the 495s only use one wire going into the headphones). This gave me sound in one earhpone but then jsut stopped working. No crackles, nothing. The lead looks fine. Do you think my headphones are now wrecked even if I get a new lead???

Username: Toddy663

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
I can relate to that. I have some HD 480's that I have had for maybe twenty years and I would dearly love to replace them before they quit on me.
They say that they don't make them any more.
I notice though that several radio stations appear to be still using them and I wonder where they are getting them from????????? Are their's twenty years old too?

Username: Pink_escape

Cardiff

Post Number: 2
Yep, you are going to have problems getting 480s.

Try these guys: www.neal.co.uk

I ended up buying a new lead for my headphones in the end.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us