I need help picking out new headphones. (I bought the BOSE QC2's and do not like them)

Username: Connectz

Post Number: 1
Okay, I just bought the BOSE QC2 (pictured below) earphones cause I wanted some great earphones. Now, I am an audiophile that has been out of touch with the new technology for the past 8 years (got married, had children). So lately I have been going through the music store sites looking for some good headphones with excellent sound quality. (I used to own a pair of TANNOY REAL-ACTIVE monitors for my stereo.)

And let me tell you, I would be the first to tell you that I do not like BOSE products. I think they sound like garbage. And against my better judgement and because I was no where near a SAM ASH store, I went ahead and purchased these headphones. Now I am thinking that BOSE put more into the noise deadening than into the actual sound quality.

I love listening to all types of music from hip hop to classical. And the source that I use for music is mostly my iPod and PC (my most favorite songs are all in "wav" format. I just want a audiophile quality headphone for $300 bucks (I am returning these BOSE ones).

My question is, what other headphones should I look into? I only have 30 days to get my full refund and I plan on going back out to the store in a few days.

This is my first post but I really need you all's help. Thanx in advance.

[IMG]http://i2.tinypic.com/rh24xk.jpg[/IMG]

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2762
Bose equipment is indeed not that great. They spend large amounts of money on their advertising...

What is your opininon on Grado headphones? They have an excellent sound.

Username: Alpharay69

Alameda, CA United States

Post Number: 3
I did some research recently, so here is my view.
Boss is good; but I won't pay $300 for it. If you are willing to spend that much, get a high end Grado.

but don't jump into Grado yet. Here are few things you need to think about.
1) except the SR 60, all the other Grado will need an amp.
2) Grado is open headphone, meaning people next to you will know what you are listiening to.

So, if you are using ipod, you may also consider the following
1) Sennheiser PX100 --- get great review everywhere
2) AKG K26 P or K27i --- They are the almost the same, except the color and new volume control.

hope that help.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2808
Honestly, if you're willing to spend $300 for a new set of headphones, I would suggest you ask a forum devoted solely to headphones. I've received excellent responses from them (unfortunately, I forgot the name-just google it). This subforum is really geared towards the 10-200$ range headphones and earphones and the repairation of any headphone.

Silver Member
Username: Jinster

Post Number: 107
yeah, i got on Head-fi.org a while back for the purpose of picking out some great headphones and was eventually persuaded to go with sennheiser HD600. I bought that on ebay for $200 and got a pint amp for $100... and haven't received either of them. still waiting to see if it was the best $300 ever spent

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 231
DC, are most of your music files ripped at a high bitrate?

This headset is good enough to make low bitrate recordings sound garbled in the highs (like they actually are). This should be a moot point, as most decent headphones will perform the same way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us