Archive through October 04, 2005

Unregistered guest
Each Time I plug in my Curtis 128mb mp3 to put on new songs it will tell me to reformat...so I do and it keeps saying it fails...and I cant even use my mp3 because when I turn it on it says wrong format reformat player or something like that....help would be appreciated :-)

P.S. I reformat it to FAT.

Username: Bt_s_lp

White Rock, B.C. Canada

Post Number: 1
I, too, have been having that problem. My mp3 player is also a Curtis but is 512 MB. It works with loading on the songs and playing them while hooked up to the usb, but not on it's own. HELP!

Unregistered guest
i have a Curtis MP3 player 256Mb and the songs r skipping...i wiped it clean of and files that r on it and put them back on again and it still skips in some spots on alot of songs...what is going on?????

Unregistered guest
I too had da problem after 2 weeks since i bought it
wat u have to do is go into My computer Right click on the removable drive that represents ur Mp3 click format check quick format it will erase all files even recorded that will solve the problem

yang
Unregistered guest
same here, what hell is wrong with the curtis mp3 player..
even i formated(FAT) it, it still doesnt work

Unregistered guest
I borrowed my friends curtis mp3 player and i was listening to the music...and i went to change the song and it just went out...like u can hear the songs but u can barely hear the voices..and for example i went to listen to Follow Me and he sounds like hes under water...now i dont want to give it back to him until i can replace it...whats wrong???

yang
Unregistered guest
anybody?

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem as Jill. My curtis mp3 sounds like it has people singing under water when I listen to it. I tried reformating it and putting new songs on, but it still doesn't work. The mp3 player has never been dropped before, so I have no idea what is wrong at all. Please help, thank you.

Unregistered guest
I have a curtis 512mb just took it out of the box and i have the same problm as jill and kath but when i turn the head phone jack to the left it sounds good i turn it back and it sounds underwater again ....taking it back to future shop tomorrow.

Luvable_bai_b
Unregistered guest
Hey jill kath and unkknown if it soundz like itz playing under water i hate a tip for u.. thiz mind sound really dumb but try pushing the headphones harder in the mp3. It soundz dumb but try it!! thatz what happen to me and both my sisters when we got them for christmas

Anonymous

Yeah having the headphone jack in halfway will make it sound alot weaker. Use some muscle and put it in all the way, or change the equalizer.

Anonymous

Yeah having the headphone jack in halfway will make it sound alot weaker. Use some muscle and put it in all the way, or change the equalizer.

Anonymous

man this really bites i cant format it or even deleted the files everytime it just bug my * My computer* help any clues ?!

Hero
Unregistered guest
iam sick guyz lets sued this compagny i went to a couple of forum and a BUNCH of people got the same problem so i say we sued them cuz its 200 the damn mp3 and money doesnt grow on tree so whos with me ?!

problemshooter
Unregistered guest
you know what the REAL problem is? you all have curtis mp3 players I know, I to have one as well, (128)

I had to take mine back 3 times and my brother had to take his back 4 TIMES and now just today(too late to get idfferent one. but my bro will get store credit next time) but... maybe there is still hope for some of you.

headjacks: the problem could be the earphones try aother pair

skipers: uhh ok this one might be a hard problem... try formating again not getting rid of songs but formating and keep it FAT (FAT32 takes longer to transfer songs)

if all else fails take them back

jackedupgirl
Unregistered guest
i had that reformatting problem with my curtis mp3 player a while ago. i wrote to curtis customer service and they told me how to fix it. here is what they told me to do:

To rectify this problem please try refreshing the firmware, as it may be corrupted. You can do this by doing the following:

- Press and hold the Play/Pause button of the player
- Continue to hold the Play/Pause button and connect the player to your computer.
- Release the Play/Pause button after 5 seconds.
- The PC will find a Player Recovery Device and install the driver.
- When it has finished, "Player Recovery Device" will appear in [System Properties] -> [Device Manager].
(If this does not happen please repeat the first 2 steps.)
- Click [Start] -> [Program] -> [Sigma Tel MSCN Audio Player] ->[Sigma Tel MSCN
Firmware Download].
- The Firmware Download window will pop up. Click Start. The Firmware will
download to the player.
- After this is completed, click on Close to exit.

it worked for mine...hope it works for yours too!

Unregistered guest
stmp3500 device found but the wizard can not find any drivers for it. Do you (or anyone) have a website for them?

LIl
Unregistered guest
the firmware download got frozen near the end...what should i do now?

monoyuis
Unregistered guest
when I add songs to my Curis it puts them in alphabetical order or something, how do i put songs on the Curtis player and keep them in the same order they were on, on the computer?

Unregistered guest
hihi...i have a curtis mp3 player as well...i just wanted to ask anybody..if anyone can help me. u c, a few days ago i dropped it on the ground bi accident..n mi mom almost ran over it with her car...n the cap has alreadi been missing a long time ago..but for sum reason luckily, it still works..BUT the light does not turn on nemore, n i can barely read nething on it since the screen is so dark. n altho i haf warranti..b/c i lost the cap..i cant replace it. can ne onehelp?? greatli appreciated. =D OR, can ne1 give me the WEBSITE to the CURTIS COMPANY? thx.

Unregistered guest
hihi...i have a curtis mp3 player as well...i just wanted to ask anybody..if anyone can help me. u c, a few days ago i dropped it on the ground bi accident..n mi mom almost ran over it with her car...n the cap has alreadi been missing a long time ago..but for sum reason luckily, it still works..BUT the light does not turn on nemore, n i can barely read nething on it since the screen is so dark. n altho i haf warranti..b/c i lost the cap..i cant replace it. can ne onehelp?? greatli appreciated. =D OR, can ne1 give me the WEBSITE to the CURTIS COMPANY? thx. plz send it 2 me @ asiankiss99@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
my Curtis .mp3 player is, well, I dont have much a of a clue whats wrong with it. The other day it just buggered up outta the blue. The back light and whatnot turns on, but the start up screen or welcome screen or whatever doesnt even show up. When I try and run the Sigma Tel thingy with it it always screws up on me, can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Delly
Unregistered guest
I found the website, but the 512 MB mp3 players aren'te ven registered as a product on the site, still I was able to email them and ask them what the problem is (my mp3 player will NOT reformat).
www.curtisint.com
and the inquiry email is : customerservice@curtisint.com

NeedsHelpBadly
Unregistered guest
Yes, When I try to refresh the firmware using the instructions posted here, it cannot find the drivers. Any help?

dillon200
Unregistered guest
mine stoped when it said closing for the firm ware download

Unregistered guest
Hey guys...first of all i want to agree with the person who said we should sue them....but got another reason why...well two days ago I baught a curtis 1GB mp3..but whenb i got home it would only let me putt 480MG on it!!!!so i brought it back and i got a new one and it does the same damn thing!!!!please if anyone can please help me or even just agree with me....because to me..that looks like false....false...false comercial thing...like i payed foor a 1GB and it will only let me have 480 MB!!!thanks for your time people:-)

Unregistered guest
ha ha....the word i was looking for it false advertisement...ha ha ha

Unregistered guest
ha ha....the word i was looking for it false advertisement...ha ha ha

David333
Unregistered guest
fixed my Curtis mp3 player! Yahoo! I was able to reload the firmware but only because I had the CD that came with my mp3 player. The instructions say if you have Win2000/XP etc you don't need to install the driver. But to download or reload the firmware you do need to install it.

So This is what I did

1. Installed the driver from the CD Then I tried the instructions from above in this thread.

- Press and hold the Play/Pause button of the player
- Continue to hold the Play/Pause button and connect the player to your computer.
- When it has finished, "Player Recovery Device" will appear in [System Properties] -> [Device Manager].

No sure if that was necessary or not. Still didn't work. Then I

Firmware Download].
- The Firmware Download window will pop up. Click Start. It takes a long time and seems to be stalled but be patient. I did this once. Computer wanted to restart. Did that a couple of times. Still didn't work. Then I did the

Click [Start] -> [Program] -> [Sigma Tel MSCN Audio Player] ->[Sigma Tel MSCN
Firmware Download] again but this time I check marked Format Data. That erases everything on the player, but then it worked.

If you don't have the CD I will burn you a copy with the complete instructions for $5. I am not trying to get rich, but I wouldn't go to the trouble to burn and mail for nothing. I am nice but not that nice. email me if you want it.
waltdc@uleth.ca

Username: Roland42

Use the provided mini CD for Win98.
\Programs\stupdaterapp.exe
This is The Firmvare!
(Take 10 Mb space)

Connect The player and run stupdaterapp.exe

It takes a long time and seems to be stalled but be patient. (15 - 20 sek.)

Unregistered guest
My curtis mp3 player wont evan work i turn it on and the blue light jus turns on but nothing else doesnt start or nothing

tracey
Unregistered guest
Hi my curtis 512mb player is having the same problem as Jill and Kaths did. ' the under water signing voice'. Sometimes if i move the headjacks in harder or to the side it works. but not so much anymore. i tried using other head phones but they just didnt work at all. The curtis headphones work perfectly on other devices. Does anyone know a way to fix this? =)
thanks in advance

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I am having problems with the firmware on my Sport MP3 Player by K-Byte memory. I realize It is not the same MP3 player, but it uses the Sigmatel MSCN Chip I can't seem to get the firmware update program to see my MP3 player. I have tried using the rocovery mode with no luck. The firmware update program keeps scanning for a connected device even though it has already detected the device in recovery mode. If someone has any ideas please post or email me. Oh, and Tracey the problem is with the headphone jack, the piece that is responsible for connecting to the end of the plug has worn out. Got a soldering iron? This isn't going to be pretty.

Post Number: 2
Execute the if MP3-player not correspond on call. MP3-player shall was connected - with battery. The text: "usb rd" is shown on display.
It can seem that not the program working at all - but await a little for it takes a little time before it's finish.
20 - 30 Seconds.
Firmwaren takes 10Mb of the space.

Unregistered guest
well, my cousin has a new mp3 player from China, and it also uses the Sigmatel MSCN Audio Player filmware. She tried connecting the mp3 to her computer, and it said it found new hardware etc. but she couldn't find the USB drive. When i connect my mp3 to my computer (we live in different cities), my comp adds an E: drive, where I can put my songs in. But in her case, she can't find any drive. Then her mum tried installing the filmware, and, although she didn't describe it very well over the phone, I think her mp3 got screwd, and the power lights went off and the display was off. She couldn't get it working. She tried recharging the batteries, but she still can't get it to work. I've already emailed her the instructions found on this page, but in the meantime, has anyone else encountered this type of problem? Or can anyone suggest anything? You can email me if you have any suggestions. Thanks for your time.

Unregistered guest
well, my cousin has a new mp3 player from China, and it also uses the Sigmatel MSCN Audio Player filmware. She tried connecting the mp3 to her computer, and it said it found new hardware etc. but she couldn't find the USB drive. When i connect my mp3 to my computer (we live in different cities), my comp adds an E: drive, where I can put my songs in. But in her case, she can't find any drive. Then her mum tried installing the filmware, and, although she didn't describe it very well over the phone, I think her mp3 got screwd, and the power lights went off and the display was off. She couldn't get it working. She tried recharging the batteries, but she still can't get it to work. I've already emailed her the instructions found on this page, but in the meantime, has anyone else encountered this type of problem? Or can anyone suggest anything? You can email me if you have any suggestions. Thanks for your time.
aolin_li@yahoo.com.au

Unregistered guest
I send countless email's to curtis, anyways no answer, no help no nothing. I have an mp510, cant format it, cant put stuff on it. I need the firmware that's on the cd But my very nice mp3 provider ( future shop ) forgot to give me my "bundled cd" so here i am without the freaking cd. So can anyone post a link were i could download the cd in iso format or any other format i dont care. anyways if u have msn and the cd and you are willing to send your cd in iso or wich ever format pleases you, add me or email me if u use another chat client ill get it
my msn is : alouchy@hotmail.com
thank you
Wayne Johnson

Post Number: 3
Done!
RO

Unregistered guest
This worked for me. I asked some guy in Curtis International and got this e-mail back.

Trouble Shooting
Q: The LCD displays nothing after turning on the MP3 player.

A:
1 Check to see if the battery has been inserted;
2 Check to see if the battery needs replacement: Try reinserting the battery correctly or replace it.
3 If it still does not work, go to next step.

Put the player in recovery mode
1 Take out the battery from battery compartment.
2 Press and hold the play button. Do not release it until step 4.
3 Plug the MP3 player into the USB port of your computer.
4 Hold for 5 seconds and release the play button.
5 Leave the MP3 player in the USB port for the next step.

Refresh the firmware
1 On your computer run the Firmware Download utility go to:
Start > Programs > SigmaTel MSCN Audio Player > Firmware Download
2 The utility will start to search the MP3 player. Please wait until the Firmware Download window appears.
3 Select "Format Data Area".
4 Click on the Start button to start.
5 The firmware will be transferred to the player. Please wait until it has finished.
6 Click on the Close button to exit.

Note: If the utility can not find the MP3 player even after searching for several minutes, please cancel the searching, and redo the steps from step 1 and make sure that the MP3 player is put into Recovery mode.

Unregistered guest
i don't have program "sigma tel..." . Where i can download it?? please help

Post Number: 4
igor255
Fimware sent!
RO

Unregistered guest
Where can I get the program.... It's not on my disk....
Jeff.wolfangel@charter.net

Ian Tomlinson
Unregistered guest
help!! i got free mp3 player from hsbc and its a sigmatel mscn audio player and the driver isnt on the disc and i cant install it and the player wont turn on either. please send me the driver to iansamackem@aol.com

Aandy
Unregistered guest
http://www.denver-electronics.com/UploadetFiles/154/25/510sf_513sf_500sf10-20_up grade_bin(ENGLISH).rar

iieücoéoañü aañieaoii a oi ca 5$ :-(

Aandy
Unregistered guest
reference to copy completely with accompaniment (ENGLISH).rar

otherwise does not work

errolhead
Unregistered guest
I got the hsbc mp3 player too. It just went dead after listening for awhile.
I've downloaded the program(thx aandy) and followed steps shown by other users. The problem I have is I can't get past the 'searching for devices connected to the system...' dialogue after running firmware download.
I've got the player recovery device manager in the device manager, and waited at least 10mins.
Any ideas?

errolhead
Unregistered guest
I've done a bit more research on these mp3 players. And there are so many different versions for the firmware. >.<
Also you're not supposed to install the wrong one onto the mp3 player or it wont work.
(am I pointing out the obvious)

Unregistered guest
prima mp3 formated to RAW n i cant change 2 fat32! help me plz

Unregistered guest
My lil brother had a prob with sigmatel device from china but he sorted it. Allthough his mp3-player now only has a memory of 512 instead of original 1 Gb. Anyone know why?

Unregistered guest
Hi my problem its i just got a Curtis MP1000 mp3 player and i have a certain order for the songs that i want on it and when i transfer the songs by order, its not the same order that i transferred in, how i can fix this or manage the songs?

Unregistered guest
its a Curtis MP1000 1GB MP3 Player, Current Firmware Version: 003.000.197

cry5tal
Unregistered guest
1. for those who want help or advice with song order, try putting a number in front of the song title ... because CURTIS automatically organizes your songs in alphabetical order,

2. I have mp257 mp3 player and my problem is identical with some of you. It won't turn on, even with freshly recharged batteries, and all it does when i press the play/pause button is a weak, feeble light. I've tried the reformatting thing that CURTIS Int said, but it doesn't work. Please help. Thanks.

sun
Unregistered guest
hi. i also have a hsbc mp3 player and it doesn't turn on. i have tried the Aandy link; it doesn't work. can u please email me the firmware: tesconet7@hotmail.co.uk

Anonymous

I had do as told, but I get an error msg:
"Unable to write to device. Device timeout."

can anyone help me?thanks.

Unregistered guest
can someone send me the firmware pleeeeease!

errolhead
Unregistered guest
for the ones with hsbc player, theres a number you can call on the email address you got about it. They give you an address to send it and they will replace it.

Unregistered guest
hi, errolhead, did u return your hsbc mp3 player? did u get a working one back?
whats the number to phone? thanks in advance :-)

hiphopgirl
Unregistered guest
whoa, and i was just about to buy a curtis mp3 2morrow...i dont think i should do so anymore.

errolhead
Unregistered guest
Hi gus, the number is 0870 811 1965. Just say you got a problem with your mp3 player. I havn't sent mine yet, as I was hoping to fix it before, but looks like I will in the next few days.

gus p grizwlad
Unregistered guest
Hi errolhead, i just phoned up and was given the address to send it to with a letter:
EIC, The Friary, Bakers Lane, Blacknotley, Braintree, Essex, CM77 8QS
They said that they had only 10 complaints like this.
Anyways, will return it and hopefully get a working mp3 player.

errolhead
Unregistered guest
Only 10 complaints? I find that hard to believe :p.
Nobody probably knows the number or something.
I got the same address too, should send it in a few days.

Unregistered guest
Can someone send me Firmware for curtis 1gb
Thanx.
gigiozz@hotmail.com

confused_girl245
Unregistered guest
i have a curtis mp3 and it wont reformat either =S i didnt get any firmware cd either =S help someone please?!

h-goku
Unregistered guest
i got a a free one from hsbc too, and it won't work at all. i put a battery inside and it won't turn on, and then i took out the battery and for some reaso i connected the mpr player to the pc, and it worked (without a battery). then the next day my computer does not even recognise it. i'm returning it too

h-goku
Unregistered guest
i just got some info that you have to download the upgraded software for it too work

gus p grizwald
Unregistered guest
i sent my hsbc player back to the EIC; but i haven't got a new one yet

Anonymous

Hi I have mp3 player which is using SigmaTel MSCN Audio Player. When I used this program I lost in my Settings FM and few different things. Do any one know what I can do for my mp3 player work as before. I really dont have idea what i can do.Thanks for help

Ald@53
Unregistered guest
Can anybody send me a program "sigma tel..." because I lost in my Setting FM. Where i can download it?? please help me ..

Anonymous

I have Some player that has SigmaTel 35xx chip
Firmware update utility detects it as 3500
it works fine
But it only works witn battery & not on USB power
When i connect it to pc it goes to communication mode and just can be used as drive.
How to make copy of current firmware that is in device.
TGBSSK

Anonymous

The Worng cd is given as it is unbranded Device.
CD has Firmware of ATJ2085 !! so i did not use it.
But some other Sigma Firmware update utility detects it as 3500 Chip
it also works fine.

But it works only with battery & not on USB power
When i connect it to pc it goes to data communication mode and just can be used as drive.
1) i want to play songs with use of usb power & not only on battery power

2) How to make copy of current firmware that is in device.

TGBSSK

Unregistered guest
it also works fine.

When i connect it to pc it goes to data communication mode and just can be used as drive.

TGBSSK

Unregistered guest
it also works fine.

TGBSSK
tgbssk@arbornet.org

Soldar
Unregistered guest
Hi
I've go the free HSBC MP3 player and need to install the new firmware. I can see the Player Recovery Device in the Device Manager but I do't have the firmware software, is there anywhere I can download if from?

killerguy
Unregistered guest
ive got the HSBC one too. ive waited 2 months for it, and now the frigging thing dont work. i knew it was too good to be true. :-(

Anonymous

Hihi guys i have the same problem wit the reformatting the player. cuz i drop a few days agoo and the cap wouldnt go back on it just slide down.so anywayz after it fell it was working then the next day it says incorrect format reformat the disk.So i pluged it in and it works i see my songs pop up then i right click on the removeable disk E: and i do the quick format and it doesnt workk.. and i plug into a usb port do u have to have Firmware like pleasssee helpp me these mp3's are mad cheapp.. soo if u no how to fixx it pleasee help me or email it on this page.thankxx

dudewitmp3problems
Unregistered guest
hi guys my problem wit my mp3 its a CURTIS MP3 Player 256mb and its black. i bought it off my friend right and he didnt give me the cd. my thingy is sigma tel and it fell and the cap wouldnt go back in it just slide down. and after it fell it worked i listened to every song then the next day i press play it said reformat the player incorect player.. i was like wat the hellll i dint no wat to do i tried putting new batteries in it and everyting but still nothin worked but do u have o have the cd to install ittt???cuz i really dont noo sooo please if u no wat to do and have same problem and fixed it pleasse help me and please write soon if u can.. Thankxx

Ald@53
Unregistered guest
Hi guys! can anybody help me, I try to reformat the "Sigma Tel with FM" but not finished because the computer tell that can't find the resource.bin . Please help me ..

A2rael
Unregistered guest
I just found a site that does the driver for this rubbish MP3 player. Mine is a Tevlion brand one but it uses the same chipset as the Curtis and Disgo MP3 players. Just load up the driver, plug the device in, then update the firmare...

http://www.mydisgo.com/downloads/downloads_idisgo98driver.php

Hope this is useful

A2rael

Unregistered guest
hey.. I got a SigmaTel mp3 from HSBC too, it died on the same day it arrived... I got the firmware and stuff, i reformatted it and now it wont even turn on... I thought it will turn bak on once it is connected to the computer, but nope.. didnt switch on or detect..

if anybody can tell me how to get it working again.. or wot i've done wrong..

please...

nb_2005
Unregistered guest
Hi all, need a little help here. I've had problems with the audio sound, and decided to use the SigmaTel MSCN firmware update for the first time to see if that's the fix. After the update, the mp3 player doesn't even turn on. It doesn't seem to have power or any sign that the new firmware works. Any one has a fix/idea?

nX
Unregistered guest
Hi,i ve got the same problem mine is a mp3 player from xiron(512mb),since two weeks he has no reaction .He has the same chipset as the others from above.
I've tried all types of manipulations that ar written in this topic but nothing works.
It is if like my mp3 player wouldn't be connected to the PC.
Could anyone help or have an Idea?

Username: Sknippelberg

i have a problem with my curtis 1 gb mp3,i put a bunch of songs on there lets say 90. then i take it out of the usb outlet in my comp and turn it on then ill only have 25 songs on it that it will play. then if i plug it back in i can find ALL 90 songs and play them through windows media player which is also what im using to put the songs on ive tried for over a week now to get it to work properley to no success, please help

errolhead
Unregistered guest
sheldon mybe u got the wrong format for some of your songs?

LilashleyAngel
Unregistered guest
hi i have a stigmatel mp3 player and i accidently reformated the mp3 player and then unplugged it w/o loading the firmware onto it... so now the mp3 player is blank and won't even turn on. i tried replugging it but my computer just won't find the mp3 player anymore.. anyone can hellp me w/ this? thank you soo much!

LilashleyAngel
Unregistered guest
diork and nb-2005,
i think you made the same mistake as mee.. u only formated the mp3 player causing all the root files that "turns the mp3 player on" to be deleted. so then the mp3 player won't even work.. i dunno y tho.. the same thing happened to me.. :-( i'm about to cry!!

LilashleyAngel
Unregistered guest
diork and nb-2005,
i think you made the same mistake as mee.. u only formated the mp3 player causing all the root files that "turns the mp3 player on" to be deleted. so then the mp3 player won't even work.. i dunno y tho.. the same thing happened to me.. :-( i'm about to cry!!

Unregistered guest
hi guyss
does anyone have the cd for the CURTIS mp3 PLAYER 256 mb (blacckk) CUZ I REALLLY WANT TO HAVE IT
IF U HAVE IT PLZZ BURN IT FOR ME I GIVE U MONEYY
plzzz thankzz

Unregistered guest
Regarding the Curtis MP-1000... Hi.. I need a 1GB flash drive for work. I want to buy one that also plays MP3s, but it has to be inexpensive. (not more than $130. Cnd.) I was going to buy the Curtis MP1000, as it is supposed to work as a storage drive for other files, such as word processing files..and also plays MP3s. Now I'm scared after reading all these problems. Do most people have these problems with most MP3/Flash Drives? Also, has anyone been successful in loading more than 500 MB on the 1 GB mp1000? Should I just walk away and only buy a flash drive? I need 1GB whatever I do.

Unregistered guest
hi guyss
i have SigmaTel Mp3 Player WL-995 and i have sam problem as You. After i put a music on it he just deleted all nesessery files from hard-drve on player. I have Firmware Downloader and i'm doing the steps:

Press and hold the Play/Pause button of the player
(If this does not happen please repeat the first 2 steps.)
Firmware Download].
- The Firmware Download window will pop up. Click Start. The Firmware will
download to the player.
- After this is completed, click on Close to exit.

and it does'nt work :-( PLZ HELP !

cabfe
Unregistered guest
I do have the same problem "Unable to write to device. Device timeout."
The Sigma Tel finds a player recovery device and tries to download the firmware onto it but ends almost immediately with the Device timeout error.

I tried different bootmanager.sb files with no results.

Username: Yammichi

I have a cheap little Curtis 128 MB MP3 Player, was working fine one moment then all of a sudden when I press play it says Incorect Format Reformat the player, When I try and access the player through My computer (drive G: ) it says "The Request could not be performed because of an I/O Device Error, I am unable to format My player any help would be greatly appreciated my players S/N: is 050544928 if that helps at all......

Unregistered guest
To this board's tech guru ;)

Around one week ago I installed iTunes from the cd that came in the iPod box (I bought one a month ago).

Anyways, all was working well until I downloaded iTunes version 5, then the crap started. Basically when I opened it up a message would say that "iTunes was not installed properly". So I decided to remove the program.

Now when I install iTunes again, it will not open. A message pops up saying that "Windows has encountered an error and must close" (approx). I have no idea where this is coming from but it happens everytime I uninstall and then reinstall iTunes. I'm stuck with using Windows Media Player.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Unregistered guest
Hi, I finally had some music to put into this mp3 player i got using same chipset and i try to install the software and I get "Unable to open bootmanager.sb firmware file". I finally was able to get the player to be detected on my computer after i followed some tips on this site...thanks. Now my problem is getting the software downloaded.

Armendel
Unregistered guest
i had same problem as you guys no power on, for the HSBC free mp3 player, but the solution was much easier then anything said above, it requires alkaline batteries otherwise chipset doesn't power up with normal AAA batteries so give that a try and see if works, hopefully it should just like it did for me.

Unregistered guest
ummm i dun have that program either the SigmaTel thing can you please send it to me to id really appreciate it thanks
cute_kiwi5@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
help i need the copy of the CDrom for the STMP3500 driver for my curtis 128 mp3 player
sigmatel

send me in tripleclicks@hotmail.com

thank you anywhere

Unregistered guest
help i need the copy of the CDrom for the STMP3500 driver for my curtis 128 mp3 player
sigmatel

thank you anywhere

Unregistered guest
sigmatel

thank you anywhere

Unregistered guest
Hey i have a curtis Mp1000 1 gig mp3 player, i bought it off a friend and i didnt get the cd because he lost it, and now after i transfer like a few songs onto it and then take it out and hit the power button, the back light comes on, and then it just shuts off, but when i take all the songs off it and power it on, it goes on fine... If someone could send me the cd for mp1000 1 gig or tell me where i could download it, i would greatly appreaciate it.

send to spencerspringett@hotmail.com

Anonnymous
Unregistered guest
hey, i bought i mp3 player for about 2 months, but suddenly at school, the music stopped. i tried to open it again, but it just said "incorrect format, reformat player" i asked my mom and she said to clean out everything. i did that day, but when i tried to go into "removable disk E"that day again, it just said something is wrong with the "I/O" or something.i cant even get into the mp3!!!!!help!!!!!! i just need to know how to reformat.without getting inside the mp3 on my computer. ps: i tried to click format, but wont work, clicked properties, something like analyse, but it said my voloum has some problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us