IPod, 5.1 headphones

TomD22
Unregistered guest
This may be a really stupid question, but:

If i go ahead and get a pair of 5.1 surround headphones for christmas, how well are they going to work with my iPod? I know that i will need a dedicated 5.1 sound card for my PC, but i've been meaning to get one for a while anyway as the onboard is dire, so that's not a problem. But do iPods deliver 5.1 sound? What will happen when i plug a pair of headphones that are supposed to do that into them?

Also, if i may put a couple more questions in here rather than starting new threads:

I'm thinking about getting a Medusa 5.1 headset - anyone got any thoughts on that? Look good? Reccommend anything different?

And finally:

Like i said, i need a soundcard. I'm thinking about something from the cheaper end of the Creative range, but there's really so much to choose from with soundcards that i'm not sure where to start. Again, suggestions and reccommendations?

Thanks

Tom D

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2339
iPods only put out two channel sound.

Medusua? How much?

I'm not great with soundcards because I'm more of a laptop person. It's fairly easy to tell if you're getting a good sound card, usually.

ladydragonfly
Unregistered guest
I just got my iPod. If i push the headphone plug all the way down into it's plug I only hear music from one earpiece...I tried a different set of headphones and they did the same thing...Is something wrong w/my iPod

ladydragonfly
Unregistered guest
sorry i didn't realize what area I was in:-)

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2380
No problem, but I can tell you that you have a loose headphone jack. You can actually buy the amplification circuitry from ebay for around $15 and replace it yourself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us