Need Help With Headphones!!!

Anonymous

This is probabaly a stupid question to be asking , but I need help on this one. LOL.

I have a Mono TV with a headphone jack, but I have a set of Stereo Headphones that I only get the sound in one side.

My question is: How do I get the Mono sound in both sides of the Stereo Headphones? (Preferably Without Cutting Or Splicing Wires!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1301
That's a good question, actually. It would require splicing wires or buying new equipment to utilize both speakers.

Username: Gutterpup77

Post Number: 1
This is probably too late for I see you posted this months ago... but in case you are still stumped: go to Radio Shack, ask for a Mono to Stereo adapter, probably 3.5mm. Plug this in to your TV, then your stereo headphones into the adapter. A simple fix.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2177
It will play through both channels, but will still be devoid of true stereo sound: it will be two channels of mono sound. No panning, instrument location, etc. will be present in the resulting sound.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3677
Goes along with my post i asked tonight

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3678
theoretically you could take a stereo signal and make it into a dual stereo channel sanario too now that i think about it

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2179
Yeah, that's how some home receivers are set up. Two channel source with four channels of speaker outputs: A and B each playing left/right...I have an old Kenwood from the '70s, that my parents used to own, which does that...

Username: Dan123456789

Post Number: 2
I'm trying to make an extention cable for my ear phones. From the ear phones to my stereo. Because the length from the phones is to short, but when I wired it all up, still no sound? Can anyone help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us