From minidv tape to computer . . am I missing something . .

Username: Unit731

Post Number: 1
Windows XP.
1394 New Adaptor.
Windows Movie Maker.
Sharp VL-NZ105.
No where does the Sharp manual mention how to get the video on mini tapes on to computer. The included USB cable is only for SD still pictures.
I went out and purchased a 1394 cable. But now what? Do I just plug it in and hope for the best?
Do I do this with camera off or camera on? I need some written instructions that are real basic that provide step by step instructions. Does anyone know where I can go for this? Or purchase a writtem manual for this? Does Sharp have anything written other than the small manual that came with camera? Help!

Unregistered guest
Daisy to transfer your DV-AVI file from your digital camera, your Video camera and PC must have a Fire-wire port. Check for that. If you have them. Buy a fire-wire 1394 cable checking for the number of pins on your camera and on your PC for each port, usually is 4(Video Camera) to 6(PC) pin. You also should install any software that would allow the capture of digital video. My camera came with Arcsoft Biz 2 (others Pinnacle 8.X, Adobe Premiere etc...) which starts automatically as soon as I turn on my Video camera. The software should give you buttons to control you camera from your computer. Press the record button on your computer and the transfer should start.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us