Hi8 vs Video 8 - using "digital 8" Sony camcorder

Username: Raapidrich

Florida US

Post Number: 1
Rookie\newbe here

Using the Sony DCR-TRV350 Digital 8 camcorder, will the audio and video be better with HI8 tapes as opposed to Video8 (analogue I believe) tapes? In other words, is there a quality audio and/or video difference between HI8 and Video8?

If in fact HI8 is better, what technology allows that as they both look to be just tape?

Thank you!

Drhiberd
Unregistered guest
Both are analog. Digital 8 camcorders record on to an analog tape in digital format. Hi8mm is a better quality tape than standard 8mm. Sony makes digital 8mm tapes, but they are still analog tapes that are designed for use in a digital 8 camcorder. Go with Hi8mm.

Unregistered guest
Hi,
i would like to know the difference between digital8 and hi8 camcorders. i am deciding on a camera at the moment and i dont know which is better or worse. if they are basically the same as each other besides a few minor differences, then its easy for me.
Thanks. please email me answers

Florida US

Post Number: 2
I am not the last word as far as advice so others will need to assist. I believe that the difference is in the media. Basically it was what I originally asked. The Quality of the audio and video are going to be better with the digital 8 (or called HI8..same thing)as opposed ot the video 8. Video 8 tapes are MUCH cheaper now but they are older technology.

Unregistered guest
HI, I bought a Camcorder Sony DCR-TRV 250. When connected to a TV or a VCR correctly, it doesn't show any scene on its LDC , What shall I do?

Anonymous

I have a digital video camera recorder about 6 years old - SONY. It is broken and I want to play back the 8 mm and Hi 8 tapes I have. What do I need to purchase to do so? Will a Video8 Player be just as good as a Hi8 Video Player? Is there a difference? How can I playback and connect to my own tv?

Unregistered guest
my sony video camera is broke and i want to play my video 8 tapes...what do i need?

Unregistered guest
my sony video camera is broke and i want to play my video 8 tapes...what do i need?

Florida US

Post Number: 3
darrell. If you purchase a camera that plays HI8 it should (check with manufacturer)be backwords compatible and work with VIDEO8. In other words, 8mm cameras will all (check with manuf)work with Video8.

Username: Kick77ice

Tampa, Fl Usa

I am trying to record from my vcr to a hi8 tape on my TRV260. I do not get an image on the camcorder when i attach the a/v cable to my vcr out. There must be a way to make this work. The camera has a record option to do this. Please help

Username: Alpharay

Palm Bay, Florida USA

Sony D8 TRV350. I would like to use a headphone to monitor the audio on my Sony trv350. The A/V output plug on his cam is made for a special 3 channel cable and I can not attach a normal mini plug to this output. I have constructed a cable adaptor that allows me to use my headphone but the resulting cable is very long and the sound that comes through the headphone is very low. Can you suggest a solution?

Anonymous

I have a sony DCR-TRV260 and want to know what the diiference between the digital/Hi8 tapes and the regular Hi8 tapes. I am using TDK Hi8 tapes and the picture quality is good. Is there a better tape available so I can get better picture quality<

Foxfire
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony 8 MM video camera. I am finding it difficult to find 8MM tape. WIll Hi8MM tape work in my video camera.

Florida US

Post Number: 4
Check the Web for the specific model to find out if it will work with HI8. Some cameras will utilize both formats; HI8 cameras are backwords compatible.

Foxfire
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony 8 MM video camera. I am finding it difficult to find 8MM tape. WIll Hi8MM tape work in my video camera.

Foxfire
Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest
my sony video camera is broke and i want to play my video 8 tapes...what do i need? is there a program or software thats available for this? or can i buy a player? thanks for the info....

damion
Unregistered guest
hi ive got a sony video hi8 camcorder (tr7 48e < if that helps) and i was wondering if it actually plays in colour as i was not told how to change it because the picture (when i try recording) is in black and white, can someone help

damion
Unregistered guest
i think its quite old because theres not a panel which comes out and you can only see wat you've filmed through the eye piece or tv

M Suzanne
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony DCR-TRV350 Digital 8 Handycam, which I love. However, recently, when I get ready to shoot and click on CAMERA, this symbol below shows up in the upper left hand side of the side screen. It's also there in MEMORY.

I checked my battery power and I have more than 50%. I can't find any reference to it in the Sony Instruction book. It's not the small battery warning, it's about 1" long on the screen. When I shut down the camcorder, it remains on the screen until it goes black. Does anyone know what it means?

Unregistered guest
I am about to purchase a digital video camera.
What are the recording technologies that exist on the market, and how do they effect the picture quality?
Does the use of tape decrease the picture quality vs. other advanced media?

John Smith 86
Unregistered guest
Hello,
I have a sony ccd-au200 handycam and I was trying to playback my video 8 on the handycam and it would play blury and then i thought it might e the eye piece on the handycam so i plugged the handycam into my tv and it did the same thing,what should i do to fix this? and also when i record something it records only a blur,

Unregistered guest
I would like to attach the Sony Hi8 to the computer so i can do some editing. What do i need to buy to hook it up?

Unregistered guest
i have a sony ccd-f70. i am unable to open the cassette holder to insert a cassette. i do have power to the camera and every thing else appears to be working. can someone suggest a way to open the camera.

Unregistered guest
I have a sony handycam which take Hi8 tape. Last time it was working properly but now when i turn it on a message display on its LCD like "INSERT CASSETTE TAPE" though there is tape properly kept.I don't know what to do. Please help me out.

Byron Gurnee
Unregistered guest
M Suzanne asked about the - and + symbol in the upper left hand corner of her screen . This is your zoom indicator. how far in or out you are zoomed.

Unregistered guest
i have a sony handycam and i taped some stuff. now how do i hook it to my tv to watch the video

Unregistered guest
i have a sony handycam and i taped some stuff. now how do i hook it to my tv to watch the video

Unregistered guest
I want to purchase a DVD player/recorder that will enable me to transfer my Sony Video8 (CCD-FX411) Handycam tapes to digital. What DVDs (specs) will enable this transfer?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us