Samsung SC-D86 video transfer with usb

Username: Alphagirl

Colorado Springs, Colorado United State...

Post Number: 1
Ok, I'm a little lost here. According to my book, in order to transfer data it mentions the firewire card. I understand that but it also says if you want stills you can use sub and if you want to transfer data you can use usb but you have to use install the drivers. Well, everytime I try to install the drivers, guess what? It pops up and says, you must install Samsung DVC Media 4.0 before installing the driver. I have done this and even installed the DVc software, restarted the computer, and then tried to install the driver, I get the same thing. Does this mean that I cannot transfer video with usb?

Post Number: 2
Ok, I just want to make this post a little clearer. I have read too much about transfer via usb to know that this is a redundant question constantly asked. What I really want to know is, Is my book saying that data transfer via usb is possible at all? It said, if you want to transfer data, install the driver. Is it still talking about stills or is it now talking about tape transfer?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1294
It is talking about stills. You cannot transfer video via usb.

Post Number: 4
Ok. I thought so! It would be way to slow anyway because I have USB 1.1 I think. Gotta upgrade to 2.0 Thanks Berny.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us