How to convert raw DV file into Mpeg 2

CC
Unregistered guest
I was just wondering what software you use to convert a raw DV file into a mpeg 2 file so that I can burn it to a cd and play it in a dvd player?!?!? Thank you!!!!

Username: Peter

Post Number: 1
ANY LUCK?

Username: Peter

Post Number: 2
I'm having the same prob, conv. raw DV file into mpeg 2 etc... They say that "a raw DV file converted into a mpeg 2 file is IDENTICAL in quality compared to the orginal DV tape" . Thats hard to believe...

Username: Spade357

Post Number: 1
DV has higher resolution than MPEG-2. MPEG-2 is use for DVD. MiniDV (DV) is better in quality than DVD (MPEG-2).

To convert (encode) your DV file (.avi) to MPEG-2, you need to use an encoder program. TMPGenc Plus is an excellent program for this.

Unregistered guest
But which is faster: capture in mpeg2 or capture in DV and then convert to mpeg2?

Cosmin
Unregistered guest
There are a couple of MPEG encoders that are able to create MPEG-2 out of raw DV. MainConcept MPEG Encoder and Canopus Procoder are two of them.

To the other posters:

NO, it is NOT true that DV has a higher resolution than DVD. Both of them have 720x480 (NTSC) or 720x576 (PAL). The difference is that DV has a higher bitrate. Yet, a _good_ MPEG encoder may produce an output that is visually indistinguishible from the DV source, because MPEG has stronger compression capabilities (I, P and B frames), while DV has only I frames.

And yes, TMPGEnc is capable to recognize DV-AVI, but it is NOT capable to recognize raw DV.

Unregistered guest
Thanks Cosmin,that was really helpfull...
Do you know how can we get rid of interlaces without loosing quality?
I used Canopus Procoder.
Are you from Romania?
Thank you very much.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us