I Need Help Plz > Samsung SCD103 Audio

Username: Pythonxxx

Post Number: 1
camcorder: samsung scd103
problem: cannot transfer video from mini DV to computer

i am using a USB connection to transfer the video. i have to use my external microphone to record the sound from the video. the sound does not match up with the video at all. there has to be an easier way to do this.

i heard something about a "firecard" .. i believe that is what i heard. Can anyone tell me anything about this? what is it? how much $? does my computer support it?

Anonymous

To my knowledge, the USB connection only works for transferring still images captured on the memory card to your PC. To transfer video to PC, you need a 6-pin to 4-pin firewire cable (about $20). This is not included with the Samsung camera. The 4-pin end plugs into camera, 6-pin end goes to firewire port on PC. If you do not have firewire port, you can buy a PCI card with firewire ports and install it (probably cost around $40 or less). You will also need a software program that captures video from a DV camera to PC. This will capture audio and video together.

joseph k
Unregistered guest
i have no idea on how to use a usb cable when i hook it up to my computer the camera says usb streaming but thats it do i need a software disk and where can i get one
i have a samsung scd-103 i think

Anonymous

You can capture from USB, its usb 1.1. you will also need to install the audio codec, JVCG726E.EXE (you'll have to search the net for it) video from the usb is slow and choppy, I will be getting firewire and see if that improves the captures. software (driver and samsung DVC media 5.1) can be downloaded from samsung's website.

Unregistered guest
OK I got the messaage to not use a usb cable. My question is I download to my pc with dvc 5.1 and it saves it as a .asf file how do I convert to a dvd file so we can watch our daughters x-mas play on our tv and not my pc.

Unregistered guest
dang!! i can`t find a DVC media 5.1, plz someone give me a link or something plzzz, Thanx :-)

Anonymous

Vuly

go to www.samsung.co.za and click on Camcorders and select your model. to download the DVC media 5.1

aardvark
Unregistered guest
I seem to be having troubles with my camera also. I have DVC media 5.1, but it keeps on saying it cannot detect my camcorder. I have the driver and everything install properly as far as I know. Any suggestions?

Also, it is possible to transfer from tape to my computer, no?

Mikul
Unregistered guest
yeah i lost my software that came with the camera, actually some one else lost it, and i really need to capture my videos, plus i dont have the driver installed anymore! can i get all these things form the samsung site?

Unregistered guest
I am having problem computer saying no device detected. I installed CD that came with it and am getting the same message

Unregistered guest
hola, tengo una camara minidvd modelo vp-d303 y quiero descargar los videos al ordenador para luego grabarlos en dvd, si alguien puede decirme cómo puedo hacerlo os lo agredecería

kingu
Unregistered guest
DVC MEDIA 5.1, a direct link to the file !

http://www.samsung.com/za/support/productsupport/download/FileView.aspx?cttfilei d=191180&type=&typecode=&subtype=&subtypecode=&cmssubtypecode=&model=VP-D103&fil etype=SW_cm&language=&LSSI=/za/module/ssi/left/lmenu_camcorder_handyeasy.sec&RSS I=/za/module/ssi/right/rmenu_camcorder.sec#

eddie88
Unregistered guest
I am also getting that same "device not found" message. What else is needed? I have loaded both the 5.1 media and the driver software.
Want to play back the video through the computer.
Please advise. Thanks!!!

Unregistered guest
Guy's, i am have a problem with play back. when i watch the dv, the picture is randomly pixelating. Does any one else have this problem. When i am recording i see no problem but when i play it back the piture is randomly messed up.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3450
try cleaning the lens or the disc

Unregistered guest
I am having the same problem with my SCD-103. I can't get it to load on my computer through the firewire and I specifically got this camcorder so I would be able to do that. Does any one know what I could be doing wrong?

Anonymous

i have successfully installed the driver and dvc media 5.1. but when i try to transfer (USB Streaming) pics from the tape to PC, the program hangs. My OS is WinXP Professional. What can possibly be the problem? Please help!

Unregistered guest
Is anyone here using an Apple computer with their SC-D103? I just got an ibook and my camera won't transfer anything to the laptop. And I can't install the DVC Media 5.1. Any suggestions?

Username: Dokidokijapan

I am having trouble with my camera... when I rec the video is Black.. but only the audio is recorded... I dont know why all of a sudden this has happened.. anybody know how to fix this???

Unregistered guest
Anthony, try cleaning your heads but first make sure the lens is not blocked

chickablahblah
Unregistered guest
i've experienced EVERY single one of these problems on this thread...
i really hope there's a solution and that i didn't get ripped off!

i noticed even after installing all the programs and drivers, i'm still left up in the air when i want to upload through firewire! why the hell did they leave this so incomplete...

i've also noticed i get some kind of warning during installation, but it goes away before i can even see anything at all that it says

argh!

Mad5cout
Unregistered guest
Okay, I've been working with this thing for a friend and here are the solutions I've found. This post is long but it will answer most of the questions here... I hope.

In terms of the "device not found" problem. DO NOT install the driver software first. When you plug in your camera to the comp with the USB, it will prompt you to install the drivers then. This is when you insert the disk. Then select the Manual install option rather than the automatic. That should take you to a second screen where it will automatically select to install the driver from removeable media (CD-ROM, etc.) click next and that should do the trick. If this does not work... Then install the driver first (but remember the folder you put it in). Then when you plug in the camera using USB, it will ask for a specific file location. Go to the folder where you installed the driver, open up the driver folder, select the capture driver folder and then hit okay. That should take care of the recognition problems. Then you obviously have to install the DVC Media 5.1 software to capture the video. If you can't find the disks, you can find all of this at www.samsung.com. Just type in "SCD103 driver" in the search field the second and third links are where you go to download them. If you download the driver from the net, use the second set of instructions I gave to plug in the camera.

Then, in terms of play back. I had to download a codec as mentioned before in this thread. However, I had a different codec mentioned when I tried to play it in Windows Media Player. All I did to get the right codec was captured some video in the Media 5.1 software and then tried to play it back in Media Player it said I needed a codec and I just used its search options to find it. I have not tried to use DVD editing software yet and don't know whether you need new codecs for that.

I will say and second the fact that the video captured from USB is quite choppy. I am told that if you use a fire wire connection the quality is much higher. USB 2 might be better also but I don't know whether the camera is compatible. If you haven't used firewire before, you would need to pick up a fire wire card that works with the ports on your comp (PCI, AGP, or PCI Express) and install it (if you don;t have porst already). AND a 4 pin to 6 pin Firewire cord. I read a review saying that if you use firewire and Windows XP, you don;t need to bother with the driver crap. Might be a worthwhile investment if my driver help here does not work and is defintely the way to go to maintain the video quality.

Here is the link to the review page I found you all might find helpful:
www.benscustomcases.com/index2. php?option=content&do_pdf=1&id=201 - Supplemental Result

The above link is not posting correctly. The last part after the link they show should also be put into your webbrowser search field.

Mad5cout
Unregistered guest
okay the last link I posted here is not working. Just go to www.google.com type in "Samsung SCD103 driver" into the search field. The third or fourth link is to a PDF file that has a good review and description of things that helped me out.

Username: Chay_yao

can anyone help me? i cannot use my cam because the lcd or even the viewfinder dsnt show anything except lines or disoriented views. even if i try recording, its still the same. but my previous records played perfectly well. can anyone tell me what happened and what to do to fix it?

Username: Rocketscience

Post Number: 2
To get sound in my movies in Movie Maker@ for Windows, I simply hooked up a RadioShak computer audio wire(males at both ends,$3-$4) from the Samsung camcorder's Audio/Video jack to your computer's microphone jack on the back of the computer. Make sure you lower the input levels as it is extremely loud on your movies if you don't.

Username: Mrt

When i try to tape, my camera just say "protection"........ i can see in the screen perfectly.....it just doesnt let me tape..........what do i do to stop it from sayin "protection"?????????/please help

Username: Pearljamman

i'm haveing the same prob with the protection thing. the tapes are set to rec as well so its not that cause i've tried many different tapes all the same prob.

anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us