8 mm hi 8 tapes

Username: Squirrelly

Post Number: 1
I am trying to copy/record my old 8mm hi 8 tapes onto DVD's. The problem is that the tapes play back in fast forward, I have tried to switch the speed of the tape on my Soney camcorder but it doesn't help. Is there any way to get the tape to slow down to play back/record in normal speed? This is driving me crazy

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15445
Welcome to eCoustics Sue!

On which recorder you tried to record?

Is it on a DVD recorder or on the PC through a PVR card or through the digital cable directly on the PC?

Post Number: 2
The original 8mm hi 8 tapes are in a fast forward mode, which i didn't know when I was recording tapes on my Sony camcorder. Now I am copying onto a VCR/DVD player. I have no problem recording onto the DVD just that the tapes were not recorded in the regular speed.
Thanks,
Sue

Bronze Member
Username: Matthawkins

Post Number: 12
Sue, your video was probably recorded in "LP" (long play) mode. This allowed people to record more video onto a tape.

When you say they playback in "fast forward" is this on the camera or once the footage has been transferred to DVD?

Were the tapes recorded on the same camcorder that you are playing back on?

Post Number: 3
I think they were recorded in LP mode, there are 2 hours of recording on one tape.
The fast forward occurs when I play back the tape in the camcorder which they were recorded on, it is a Sony 24x steady shot handycam video 8.
I have purchased a Samsung 8mm camcorder Hi 8 to also use to play the tapes so I can record to a DVD recorder. Which also plays back in fast forward mode.
The DVD's play back as fast forward also. The camcorder must have been taping wrong and I didn't notice it.
Thanks,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us