Recommendation

Unregistered guest
Hey,
I'm looking for a digital camcorder. I want to use it to shoot films with my friends and stuff like like that. Could anyone recommend a good Mini DV camcorder with an external microphone(or does that even make that much of a difference). I'd also like to find a good one for under $500. What would be a good camcorder for those qualifications and would be good for what I'd want to use it for. Any help would be great.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1001
Look at the Canon Mini DV and check out their website.
Also the JVCs are great digital camcorders.

Most will come with an external microphone jack, you will need it to isolate a lot of background noise>

Drhiberd
Unregistered guest
Canon's have the best outdoor performance, but very poor indoor performance. If you plan on shooting indoors with one or two lamps on, I would avoid Canon. Check out reviews on Cnet.com, and Camcorderinfo.com, they have a wealth of information for you. I, personally like Sony. Mine shoots great outdoor and indoor footage.

Unregistered guest
Thanks guys. I've been looking around and everytime I read further into a good camcorder in my price range, I always find a flaw that draws me away. How important is low light to shooting. A lot of the Canon models I look at don't shoot well in low light, but how light are they talking? Also, another flaw that has drawn me away is the camera not focusing when zooming. Could anyone recommend a specific model that does not have those flaws and also has a respectable digital zoom? Any help would be appreciated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1042
try looking at some of the JVC camcorders. They have low light capture and great OPTICAL zoom. Do not be impressed with digital zoom as they are useless and heavy on pixelation. Digital zoom is one useless draw and if you look at the quality of pictures that digitally zooomed pictures produce, you'll understand why.

Anonymous

My husband is the Athletic Director at a middle school and the school hosts numerous basketball games. He would like to video the games, live, so that people sitting in another area of the gym (by snack bar) can continue to watch the games while eating. He wants to place the camera on a wall and have it aimed at the gym floor so no one will be holding the camera. Can you recommend a camera that would be suitable for this?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1707
How much money are you willing to spend?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us