Convert from VHS to mini DV with JVC GR-DVL300

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how to transfer video from VHS tape to JVC GR-DLV300. I use this camera to do editing on my computer with Adobe Primere and would love to also be able to add my old home movies to my DVD collection. I know that the camera CAN accept input from the computer VIA firewire, but I can not find a way to get it to recieve images from a VCR. I have explored the menu and all I found are the following options:
*Sound Mode
*12Bit Mode
*Syncro
*Rec Mode
*On Screen
*Date / Time
*Time Code

Any help would be greatly appreaciated! Thanks!

smj0724@myway.com

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 918
you have to use the analog input of the camcorder. Use it as you would a regular VCR, use your VCR as a source.

Stephen Juliano
Unregistered guest
I connect the AV cable to my vcr and to my camera and I do not get anything on the screen, just the default blue. Any suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 932
check your set-up and see if it is ready to accept recordings from an analog source. Remove all other inputs except the av cable from the vcr. Hit the record button on the camcorder and then play the vcr. You should be able to see the pictures from the vcr at this time.

kLo
Unregistered guest
I am wondering about transferring a mini-DV tape to a VHS tape. I live in Japan, but I think all of the settings are the same. I can get the video to play on the tv, but I cannot record successfully on to my VHS tape. I think I am missing a communication link between the tv and vcr. Any suggestions?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1287
you have to use the regular Video output of the camcorder and not the DV output. You should have a J-LIP connection on the JVC.

Username: Hurricanec

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to transfer a mini-DV tape to VHS. As kLo, I can view the tape on my tv but cannot record. I am using the supplied cable from the Canon camcorder and using the AV output of the camcorder into the AV input of the VCR. Any suggestions would be appreciated?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us