CanonMV730I Camcorder help

Username: Kimig

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I am totally new to camcorders..my model is canonMV730I
I read through the threads and still have some doubts left..
1. Do I need to necesarily have firewire or ilink cable, cards in order to transfer movie file from cassette to pc? I dont want a live stream in my pc, just the recorded file into my pc.
2. I dont know if my pc has already inbuilt support for firewire/ilink ports? I bought pc some 2 years ago..It was a standard one having USB ports. Very common pentium3 processor.

thanks a lot
kimi

PhilthyAnimal
Unregistered guest
Kimi,
I too am new to the DV arena, and also have a MV730i. The firewire must be used for your movies.. using the USB connection will only transfer the movie image (not the associated sound track). Strangely enough you can't transfer the stills (taken onto the memory card) via the fiurewire, that must be USB ?!
So, you need both connection types.

As you summised you probably have USB (version is not really relevant - it only relates to the speed/rate of transfer)... mine is USB1.1 and works fine from DigiCam upto MP3 player & now the stills on my miniDV.

Firewire (aka IEEE-1394 - or as Sony call it 'iLink') - changes are that isn't standard and (2yrs ago) would have been an optional extra. You can pick up firewire cards for £10-15++, depending on who, spec (incl. No of ports) ... me I got mine through Amazon, it came withULead 5.0 DV editing s/ware just the ticket for me :-).

-Philip-

Username: Costa

Post Number: 2
anybody know where i can download an owners manual for an mv630i ? Or atleast get an overview of the features and how to use them. Second this is the best forum in the world you guys rock. third if yall(texas) send links to canon, out of the three people who have sent me links from another forum(that i think i will quit useing) they went to dead pages or areas that have been removed from the canon site.
please help thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us