Telephoto lense??

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17364
Think they have them??

Broke down and got a PS3 today guys. Console and 5 games plus the additional controller. $700. Ouch. I'm excited about GT 5, Motor storm, Need for speed carbon and Tiger Woods 2008. The boy got Lego Indiana Jones. I have too many gaming systems lol. All the playstations, Wii, the kids both have DS lite, and older Nintendos.

With all I have it would be a thief's dream come true.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9851
congrats on the ps 3 purchase Paul im looking to have that and the xbox 360 someday unless I wait so long the new systems are on their way out haha

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17365
Well that's what I used to do, wait 2-3 years after the release and pick them up at half original cost. I don't know why but it was an impulse buy I guess.

I'm not keen on the controllers needing charged b4 I can play though. They come with such a short usb cable to plug in/charge that if I want to play immediately I have to be 4' from the console.

Impatient am I.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17369
Holy $%#!*!! lol.

Wow. The PS3 is a great machine but it takes forever to load games. I put in GT5 and it took like 20+ minutes. It seems you have to load the game onto the HD first, which takes alot of time.

Then it requires updates which takes time as well.

By God it was 2 hours b4 I played my first game.

Am I gonna have to do this with every game I buy???

All I want is to put the quarter in and play a game lol.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4046
haha. I have no idea if you have to do that every game...I only have a ps2 and wii.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9852
haha yeah Paul it seems like a few inconveniences but look at it this way you only have to load the games on the hard drive once

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13983
think im past my console playing days since i still have a ps2 & some recent games & i just dont seem eager to play it - i rather kill my time online on forums etc ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17373
The thing is Rovin I can't find the games I want. I'm big into simulators. Driving, flying, boats...whatever. Microsoft will not release anything related to their flight simulator program on a game console. So I'm stuck playing on the pc, which I'm on far too often already between work and here.

Gran Turismo is by far the best driving sim out there IMO. I loved it one PSone, two and now three. I just hate having to "win" my way to all the exotic cars lol.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3028
Hahaha Chadly...
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/500791.html

Read the 5th or 6th post down. Everyone is making these subtle remarks about you not getting the 9115. Peer pressure...think about it.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21642
lol jake. i don't know why you make a competition out of this. its not like we'll both get to hear each others systems.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3030
Hah i didnt bring it up chadly we both know you have me beat. He asked me today in the car who has the best system on the E and i said you or zac davis depending on if you like sq or spl.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21647
naw man. its just i feel like going out there and buying a killer system now. hahaha. you know i can't afford to do that.

i am just messin with ya jake. you know you ma boi. and by system you have me beat. but that will change. hahaha.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3031
Well im coming out to LA in the fall so you better have something crazy by then. I wont have my car tho...gas and parking cost to much at school and i live on campus so its kinda pointless. Hows the rim/body kit thing going?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21652
i will soon have it.

what do you think about this eq?

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1333

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2399
Looks crazy expensive...

Gold Member

Post Number: 9867
Chad heres a post I sent to you in response from the other thread

Chad...."sean the box sounds great. i trimmed off the port so its now tuned to 36hz. it sounds great and the lows hit. i guess when the box is in the trunk, the tuning gets lower. also with a db drag coming up, i figured i try to make it as loud as possible while sounding good. it does both. it sounds louder and it sounds good."

me...."good Chad do the upper bass notes sound tighter and do you think they would have been if you had not moved the port tune up"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17385
Chad. $680 for a pre amp crossover/eq????

Are you sure you don't have an extra room in that house of yours for me lol?

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3034
I would not pay over 150-200 bucks for a 7band eq. If you want a badass EQ/crossover i would get this...

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1258

Just not in the HORRIBLE yellow color, ask for silver. Then get this...

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1255

Then you can control the trunk mount EQ from then front seat. Techonolgy rules.

If you get it on ebay or maybe try sonicelectronix you can get the both of them for under 500-550 which would be about as good as you can get for an EQ system.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21661
sean the old box went back in. because of the 24inch width, it doesn't fit right in the trunk. so one side is off the ground kinda. lol. ima start a new box this or next weekend. i know now that the aeroport box sounds awesome so i have to build it.

i love those jake. but zapco will give me bragging rights. haha.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21662
ttt

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21663
check out this sq machine here guys. compliments of kevin previe (my other sq competition besides jake lol).

alpine PXA-H701 processor
http://www.alpine-canada.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=PXA-H701

with a alpine c701 controller (since i don't have an alpine head unit)
http://www.alpine-canada.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=RUX-C701

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3044
Looks good to me. Prices might be rough tho i dont know of many sites that sell them.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3045
The c701 controller seems pretty sweet actually. However you might as well just get an alpine DVI9990 HU and forget everything else, hah. Then again you cant just run the 9990 by itself you need a H990 or C990...they had to make everything confusting.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9871
thats good Chad but were the upper bass notes tighter with the aero ports and not because of the higher port tuning

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21667
oh yeah sean. it was tighter.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9872
good so it seems like enough port but not too much does have a positive effect

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21669
well sean here's how it goes.

with my current slot port box with little port, i have to turn down the lpf to about 70hz. then it sounds tight and nice. also it gets lower.

with the aeroport box i can turn the lpf higher to about 90hz cause the upper sounds really good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9873
wow so even if someone said the port tune moving up from 32 hz to 36 hz made the difference they would probably be wrong because your looking at a 20 hz increase in upper bass....putting aside the new box is smaller id say the smaller port area and the flow of the aero ports were the reason for most of the increase

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21671
yeah its kinda weird cause with my slot port box if i put the lpf at 90hz, it sound terrible. with it at 70hz its sounds awesome. i have to turn my hpf on my front stage down a bit. in a way it sounds better with the slot port for me. i guess its due to the fact that its tuned lower.

so my next box will be the same specs except with 2 4 inch aeros tuned to 32hz. since half the ports will be sticking out, it will displace less.

i messed with some settings last night and i got an optimum good sound right now. its so clean that i might not even build another box. haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 9874
yeah I know thieves said he didnt like the sound of aero ports compared to slot ports but if you do make the two four inch aero port box tuned to 32 hz it will be interesting to see what happens

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2405
You're going through so many boxes its hard to keep up Chad lol. I got my design and I'm all ready to start building.:-) Just gotta wait for a nice day now. Rain ftl.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21672
steve its just i am bored sometimes. building boxes gives me something to do. i am slowly running out of time on the weekends though.

sean it rolls off steeper with aeroports. so it sounds more precise in a way but with my slot port box, the bass fills the car more.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13989
box building is such a funnay thing in that a 1hz tuning & a 0.1 cuft can sometimes make a audible difference ...but dont get urself too worked up about it though ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 9879
I know you know this but Chad dont forget its tuned to 36 hz now its going to roll off steeper than it did at 32 hz

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4049
I just installed my new JVC kd-avx1. I love it. Nice upgrade over my old pioneer p480mp.

Its an in-dash dvd/cd player. It has a 3" screen on the front of it. It has video outs for more screens, video in for gaming, front, rear and sub outs. All 5 volt preouts. The screen can angle 4 different ways. And has a 7 band EQ. I'm still playing with it. But its awesome.

Its a nice little addition. The cons to it imo is that if you turn off the radio or switch functions and go back to cd, it starts the last song you were listening to all over instead of starting where you left off. It also takes a few seconds for it to read the discs and start playing.

I am overall very happy with it so far.:-)

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2407
Thats awesome Jesse. You got any pics at all?:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 9880
cool Jesse glad you like it does it have a pause button in case you get into any spl comps....I know you talked about it

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4050
I'll have some pics up in a minute. I think it does sean. At least for the dvd function there is a pause button. I havent tried pausing it with a cd though. I'll let you know in a bit.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4051
Heres a few pics :-)

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

This shows the screen angle. It has 4 different angle settings.
Upload
Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21688
thats nice jesse. i like how it even displays the radio station name.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9881
nice Jesse....Chad did you see my comment above about the port tune

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4052
Thanks guys. Chad, it doesnt automatically display the station name, I had to set it. I'm sure you already knew that though lol.

Sean, it does not have a pause feature for cd's.

Also, it has a static/crackling sound coming from the speakers that are connected to the H/U. My comps that are ran by an amp are fine though. You think that the amp in the h/u is messed up? I can set the H/U amp on "low gain", "high gain", or off. I dont think those settings make a difference, it was doing the same thing on low gain and high gain.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4053
You think a bad ground could cause the static and cracking?

I just connected the ground to the ground wire in the harness. I grounded the old pioneer to some metal behind the dash. Also to by-pass the E-brake safety feature, I just connected the e-brake wire to the ground. Think this could have something to do with it?

I dunno, I guess I'll get in there tomorrow and figure it out.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21689
sean.....i just did. damn jesse cluster the sh!t out of this thread with his pics. hahahaha. but yeah i know its the tuning too. that is why i want to try out a box badly with aeroports tuned to 32hz. so i can really compare.

jesse i didn't know that.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21690
jesse......the by pass wire has to be wired to the ground with a switch. you flick the switch on then off before watching the video. i don't think its suppose to be on it constantly. that is why you use a switch. at least on my pioneer it is like that.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2411
Looks like a nice HU.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13991
purty HU

got me another box job - 1 12 TREO SSI ..hey chad can u remember what cuft u used when u had yours ? ...owner wants more spl than sq so im thinking 38hz for him .....

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3055
~2cuft tuned to 35hz is what i would do Rovin. If he wants SPL he might look for a new sub tho. SSis are very sq oriented.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21693
mine was in 2 cuft tuned to 36hz with aeroports. it sounded good.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13993
thanks guys - well i didnt get time to build it today so tomorrow hopefully ...

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4055
Hey can I ask a favor from one of ya...any of ya? I need an enclosure design on the quick. I am going to be ordering it here probably this weekend.

Its for 2 12" AQ sdc2.5's

The max dimensions are 33Wx22Lx14H. I would like to squeeze as much internal area as possible. I'd really like each subwoofer to have 2cubes each. If its not possible with the dimensions then you can add an inch to the length (depth). But they got to have AT LEAST 1.75cubes each please.

Also I'd like the subs facing up and port firing rear and tuned to 35Hz. And with the port running horizontal on the bottom, center of the box. Also dj like 14-16sq inches of port per cuft of enclosure.

This is an example of how I want the enclosure to look. Courtesy of chad:-)

Upload
Upload

Anyone? Pretty please?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9892
31.5 x 21.5 x 12.5 = 4.90 cubic feet gross

a port 4.25 h x 12.5 w x 17.75 d internal = .82

4.90 - .82 = 4.08 gross after the port

minus sub displacement puts you around 3.80 cubic feet net with a port tune of 35 hz

I dont like that the port only has 3.75 inches from the back wall but it should still work. You also will only have one inch between the port and sub if you build it the way I intended and that wont work. I will leave this here for you guys to use in case it helps. I have to leave.

Platinum Member

June 19th....1 15 = 14...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 13994
um y didnt u just do 2 subs & save urself that trouble ....

been busy so that treo box will have 2 wait til sunday & i also have a 1 12 kicker cvr box 2 do soon after as well

since 2 wks ago when i did that 149.5 in iasca i have gotten numerous requests to box build so i had to put some ppl on hold ......

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17410
Yo wuzzup youngins'?

11:15 pm and I just got back from my son's tournament baseball game. It went 4 extra innings with a total of 53 runs scored. That's right 53!! It was the most exhilarating and exhausting thing to watch. They would score 6 runs we would score 8. They would come back from a nine run deficit and we would also the next inning. A simple 6 inning game turned into almost 5 hours of the most grueling and heartbreaking drama a bunch of kids and parents could go through. In the end we won 27-26.

Too tired to post the vid of the games' finish tonight. Plus my camera's battery about died b4 the glorious end. Will tomorrow though. It was unbelievable!

At one point everyone thought the game was over after 6 until the scorekeepers added and added up again and saw the mistake. (They had us losing the game). It was onto extra innings from there. The rest is history.

Forgive me. Carry on soldiers.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4463
lol paul long game
also paul sorry about the shot glass i would have gladly bought a couple for you and shipped them. I collect a glass from everyplace also but i do every type of glass. I have a smal collection but it is slowly growing.

ill rem that next time i go away.

also chad i never put in the tweets but everything else is running i just dont have the time anymore the fiances grandfather isnt doing to great so i have to be over there helping out and what not a lot.

almost time to go to the beach 1 more week but ill be working also while im there kinda sux but have to do it

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17415
No problem Charlie. Thanks dude.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9898
Rovin...."been busy so that treo box will have 2 wait til sunday & i also have a 1 12 kicker cvr box 2 do soon after as well

since 2 wks ago when i did that 149.5 in iasca i have gotten numerous requests to box build so i had to put some ppl on hold"

Thats good that business is picking up for you Rovin....also there was a guy at a comp I was at yesterday with my brother that did a 146. something with two cvr 12's on about 2400 watts in a suv type....I dont think it was a daily tune but he hit best at 47 hz I think so depending what thats going in it shouldnt do too bad

Gold Member

Post Number: 9899
Yeah Paul that was a long game but sounds like it was fun

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9999
Sup fellas. Just got back from the beach.

Pauly, I meant to buy you a shot glass but forgot, sorry bud :-(

So what all did I miss this past week on here?

BTW, how should I spend post number 10k? Lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17420
Congrats on Platinum Yanks.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10010
Thanks Paul

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2419
Congrats Yanks. I just got back today.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3090
YANKS! Congrats man, thats alot of posts.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10018
Thanks guys.

I'm climbing up the list. Almost on the top 10 posters on here now lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17445
Chauncey, Muddy, James.....all gone.

Berny will return, in time.

Call it evolution......

I'll be gone soon also.........

Or will I????????

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2653
you guys mind taking a look in my thread?

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/502014.html

thanks for those who do

Platinum Member

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14002
nice on ur 10k posts

i just realized i hit 14k ....

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10020
Well guys, first piece of the my system will be bought later today. Will be buying Hybrid Audio Technology Clarus C61-2 Components for $404.04.

I'm pretty excited to give them a listen :-)

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3108
Never seen/heard them Yanks. Let us know how they sound.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9913
Yeah sounds like a pretty nice set Yanks Fan.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2429
Those are some high end comps. A lot of winning SQ competitors run them.:-) That's awesome Yanks. Make sure to give us a review.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10025
^^Word.

I'm really looking forward to them. I just sent Scott my money for them. I have never spent that much money before for a piece of car audio equipment :-(

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2435
LOL. It's an addiction...:-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17454
Yanks you have no idea what's ahead of you. Not too soon you'll be shelling out twice that on day to day crap.

On any given day when I'm doing my bills I can write $2500 in checks and feel used in the end lol.

Well, not so lol but more like Upload

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10027
I don't wanna look down that road quite yet Paul lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17455
Enjoy your youth.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4311
It all depends on what your plan was and how it worked out. I deliberately never got married or had any kids, or got into debt. I have two rich girlfriends that pay for everything themselves and even pay for me sometimes, and my total bills every month are $1070. And I am the same age as Paul. I do what I want, when I want.

Opening day at Del Mar tomorrow... I will try to get pics of all the hot girls if I am not too drunk to hold a camera, which is a very real possibility. Will be around 16 beers down before we even walk in the place.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4314
Hope that didn't come off as self-serving or a dis to Paul. I think he knows I have a great deal of respect for him. It was more or less for Yanks and the other younger guys on here to realize that growing older doesn't necessarily mean that life will suck. I have been pretty lucky and things worked out ok. But Paul has an great life too, no doubt. And he owns his own house complete with a kickass bar.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17468
No disrespect taken.

I'm as laid back as they come. Hey everyone chooses their own life and most envy yours Brad. Making what you do and only throwing back $1070/month is unfathomable to me. Just how do you do that living in San Diego????

I don't regret my path, only my failure to fully enjoy the time when I could before I choose to get married. Now that I'm divorced with kids I'm left with a cheated feeling ya know?

Owning a house is great. If I want to knock down a wall for a pool table I do it. The kids can play out back and I can have 30 ppl over without it getting crowded. Throwing shoes out back, bbq's, you name it, it's fun as hell. Then there's the roof that needs replaced, lawn cut every week, taxes, more taxes, the heater that just went, ect........

Can you believe I have TWO water and sewer bills???? One for the township and one for the county. Jersey sux azz.

And growing older doesn't suck I agree. I just can remember nights drinking an entire case of beer and a whole pizza pie myself as a teenager, giving my girl a ride of her life for the 4th time that night and getting up the next day at 5 am and jumping on a roof......perky.

Those days are gone.

Platinum Member

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14011
end of thread .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message