JVC camcoder not recognized AT ALL!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Hhs_kid

Post Number: 21
I'm in a complete lost here. I have a JVC GR-D750U camcorder and I have tried many, many, many times and ways to get the video off of it to my computers using the firewire connection. On my first computer I tried it on it had Windows XP Home SP2 with plenty of hd space, nice grpahics card, 1.5 Gb of ram, decent processor, everything right but when I plugged the firewire cable into my computer (6 pin) then to my camcorder (4 pin) and then hit Start on it to make it say DV IN, nothing would happen on the computer. it wouldn't recognize it at all. The camera only shows DV IN when the cable is plugged in so I know it works and my firewire/1394 port is on and working properly but no matter how many times I try and what type of program I use, the computer simply will not recognize my camcorder. Try a different computer huh? Did that too on my new Vista Premium SP1 notebook. only difference with the notebook is a 4 pin connection on it so I just went out and bought a new 4 pin-4 pin firewire cable for that and still, nothing happens when it's plugged in.
I hope I've described it enough for you all. Please help! I really want to make some movies and no sense in letting a nice camcorder go to waste.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Please help, anybody. Do I have to finalize the tape before I can transfer or does it have to be full or what? I know the DV on the camcorder works because it says DV IN when I plug the cable into it and hit Start.

Bronze Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 96
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885222

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Uhm, that last post didn't really help cause the problem is not only with XP but with Vista too. My friend has a Sony video camera and it works fine with the firewire port on his XP machine with SP2 so I think my problem is just that I have a bad camera but it's out of warranty and it will cost almost as much as I paid for it to get it fixed so I guess I'm screwed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us