Sony TRV350 capabilities

I currently have a Sony TRV350 digital camcorder.

With the right computer equipment, could I have the capability to produce a Video CD or a DVD at a quality that is not grainy when viewed on a TV screen?

If so....
I have a computer that is only a year old and is equiped with a firewire connection. Would there be any other hardware I would need to purchase besides a firewire cable?
Is there a superior software package that I could purchase to obtain the quality I stated above.

If not...
Is there any camcorder setup that could provide the quality that I mentioned above?

Derek
If it looks grainy when played from the camera now, it will look grainy from the computer. Not that the computer will add any grain but, the source has it and the computer wont remove any noise unless you get some software to remove the grain like Video Soap. Once you dump the DV data into your computer, you can use Microsoft Movie Maker II (free) to write it to CD in WM format. ATI's Wonder series of Video Cards come with Video Soap and a software MPEG I and II encoder and firewire (that you don't need). They also come with either Ulead or Pinnacle Video editing software.

All you need is the firewire cable. The good thing about Digital Video is that the computer can make exact copies. This will be the highest quality you can get.

Hope this helps.

Lee Mitchell
I agree with Derek. The grain will be determined by the original tape. Usually grain appears when you are shooting in a low light situation. The computer will neither make it worse nor better.

Regarding Video CD's, the quality will not be as good as DVD's. To my eye (everything is in the eye of the beholder) a Video CD equals the quality of a first generation copy of VHS. That's not bad and is certainly passable. The advantage is that CD's are cheap. DVD's are the way to go in the future if you're going to take the time to edit and you want the best quality.

One software package I like is ShowBiz by ArcSoft. It comes with many DVD burners. It's very user friendly, yet powerful with lots of good features.

Anonymous

how can I get more than 90min of recording time on my Sony trv350? I already set it from SP to LP but it still only records 90min.

Unregistered guest
I have Sony TRV350.
I transfered the data from the camcoder to Computer.
Than i tried to burn as clipings with help of image maker provided with the handycam.But no sound has beign copied b'coz when i play the clippings no sound comes.
Please help me out.

Anil Kumar
Unregistered guest
You need to set the sound driver in the supplied sony software while uploading to your PC. I think the option is something like "usb sound driver"

Anonymous

I am having Sony TRV350 Handycam. When i try to record from sony handycam to computer through USB, its giving message that "CD-R DOESN'T EXIST". But my CD-Rewritable is working fine when i try to copy some files from my C: Drive to new CD. Please help me out to solve the issue.

Unregistered guest
I am having Sony HE30 Handycam. When i try to record from sony handycam to computer through USB, its giving message that "CD-R DOESN'T EXIST". But my CD-Rewritable is working fine when i try to copy some files from my C: Drive to new CD. Please help me out to solve the issue.

Unregistered guest
Help.. I have the dcr-hc20 and see a great picture on the camera and when I play direct from the camera to the TV, but when I capture or move to PC, it loses all color - everything is kinda yellow.

Unregistered guest
I hv a sony TRV355E.When i play the tape directly from the camcorder to TV /PC the display is fine along with time stamping. But when I converted the tape into Video Cd with the sony Image mixer s/w the experience in horrible. The time stamping is not there. Moreover the picture quality is terrible. The sound & picture is not in synchronisation.They come as batches & not as continuous movie. Im using the win 98 s/w.Where lies the problem? Pl help me out.I hv written the problem to Sony helpdesk also but with no result.

blftooler
Unregistered guest
get a newer version of Windows, this is almost undoubtedly the prob

Unregistered guest
I have sony mini DV TRV-22 camcorder. Each time I try to copy the movie from tape using fire wire, after about 5-6mins of movie is captureed my system hangs. My PC has 128MB RAM and I am using pixela image mixer software given with camcorder. Any help?

Unregistered guest
I hv a sony TRV350 .When i play the tape directly from the camcorder to TV the picture quality is excellent. But when I converted the tape into Video Cd with the sony Image mixer the picture quality deteriorates very badly.i am using windos XP.Where lies the problem? Please help me out.

Unregistered guest
I have sony TRV438E with no digital output . I bought a TV tuner card for rs 1200 ( approx $30 ) because I didn't want to spend $200 extra just for digital output. The capture quality is good .

But I noticed soon that lcd display is now grainy. I thought it is due to tv tuner. Then I realized it appears on lcd too when setting is not 'sunset' . It is so grainy sometimes that I hate to watch it. I believe it was not so grainy before.

can anybody tell me if this is some electronic problem that ? can it be fixed ?

Unregistered guest
When I connect my Handycam to my PC through pinnacle TV Tuner card, Sound is not played. Pl Tell me how to configure TV Tuner card, Handy cam and PC.

Unregistered guest
I have a DCR-TRV 350. It is 2 years old and has had slightly more than minimal use in that time. Now when i put a tape in to either record or to view sometimes the tapre willl not go in far enough to close the cover. The times that it does go all the way in I experience a shreel short continuiousn beeping and can neither view a past taping nor will it allow me to film any additional footage. ?:????????

Unregistered guest
I have a DCR-TRV 350. It is 2 years old and has had slightly more than minimal use in that time. Now when i put a tape in to either record or to view sometimes the tapre willl not go in far enough to close the cover. The times that it does go all the way in I experience a shreel short continuiousn beeping and can neither view a past taping nor will it allow me to film any additional footage. ?:????????

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony TRV355E. When I am playing my recordings on my PC (Win XP) through USB Cable, I get mute pictures (without voice). Why is it so? Somebody help me. I am using Pixela software.

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony TRV350. When I attach the camera to the computer (Windows XP) via firewire, the computer does not see it. It does see the usb connection. I have tried other computers and other firewire cables. Any suggestions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us