Firewire - does it add audio as well? More Questions Too. PLEASE HELPS

Hi,
I just purchased a Samsung SCD180.
Oberservation #1: When I record and then plug into my laptop via USB, the picture is very small, grainy and a little umsmooth and there is no sound.

Question #1: If I transfer using a Firewire set up (that I do not have yet) is the picture going to become the entire size of my laptop screen and brilliantly clear? Will it be comparable as if I plug the A/V cords into my TV and watch

Question #2: Does the audio come through when I use firewire because it does not when I use USB?

Question #3: If audio does not come out of FIrewire, how can I get it onto my computer.

I am using Samsung Software to download my recordings via USB right now (photoeditor or someothing like that - is this one of my problems)

I am looking to record, and then upload onto my computer and use my computer as the "so called" television for perfect playback with perfect audio, with the option to burn a DVD of it.

Last question - IS THIS POSSIBLE.

Maybe I should buy a DVD Cam (if it is the only way to do it)
Thanks for your help.

Jason

Derek
1. The picture will be 720x480 with Firewire and can be scaled to full-screen by pressing [Ctrl]+[Enter].

2. Yes.

3. See 2.

USB is typically used to pull pictures or a few seconds of video off of the camera (as you have found). USB 1.1 doesn't have enough bandwidth to transfer video. Firewire is the DV standard for video (and audio). You can use the Samsung software or download Microsoft's Movie Maker II. It's free.

Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us