Sharp VL-WD450 digital viewcam (miniDV)

i just bought a sharp camcorder and the thing is broken...it records perfectly but the playback on the camera is pixellated and generally looks like crap. it's hard to explain but i'm just wondering if all of the sharp camcorders of this model have this problem or if it's just me. if u could email me your responses that would be greatly appreciated. my email is sn0wwizard@hotmail.com (the 0 is a zero).

Anonymous
Same problem here. I'm trying to figure out what to do. Mine started out OK, but after very little use it's gone to crap

I have WD450 Sharp MiniDV, works fine.
I have used 2 months, and recorded 3 casettes.

But,
I can't convert the tapes to PC via 1394. Win98 doesn't detect the camera. Any help?

Stephen
My major problem is if there is the least little imperfection on the mini dv tape,the view screen displays a "eject cassette" message.I feel as if these inperfections are not on the tape,but are being produced by the camera itself. Topping it all off,I ejected one of the tapes & the capstan wheels had eaten up my tape & snapped it into. It's bad enough that these tapes aren't cheap,but I lost video that I can't replace.

I also have a problem with the view screen on my vl-wd450 camera displaying "eject cassette". What is the problem and how do i fix it.

Chris
In regards to 1394 issue: check to see that you have Win98 SECOND EDITION. If not, get it. If I remember correctly, it's got the DV cam support. You can find the SE on microsoft.com. They'll have to send you a CD.

Anonymous
Hi. I have a VL-ME10H. I am also getting the Eject casette message but my problem is that I can't...! The motor clicks once or twice but no joy. Sometimes it does open but I have to open the door 15-20 times...!

Poor quality tapes they ain't. I'm going to try a cleaning cassette and also never leave a tape in tha machine to prevent problems with the tape being in long term contact with the head...

If anyone has any other pointers, please post here...

I want to disable the auto-shutdown feature, anyone know how? thanks. Oh, the pixelation issue for me was as easy as cleaning it.

Haven't had any problems other than that, and the fact that I want to leave my camera on for an extended period of time, but haven't found a way to disable the autoshutdown feature. blah!

The camera works well. The problem with mine is leaving a tape in when not in use. Since i have been removing them during storage, I have not had any problems. A good way to save the images is to burn a DVD from the cameraright away. You can also store it on VHS without the picture quality, but on LP you can store alot of video

Help, please, for a friend's malfunctioning Sharp VL-E32 Viewcam. She put a cassette in; now it displays "Eject the Cassette" but it won't eject. Pushing the eject button accomplishes nothing. Battery seems okay. Suggestions, anyone?
jim-parsons@writeme.com

Fix for "eject the cassette" Message:
The camera has been high maintainance, but I have been able to fix all of the problems. For the eject problem, you need regular head screwdriver to wind the minidv tape off of the bad spot (the beginning of the tape in my case)and a pen or sharp object to push down the button in the center of the tape that allows the spool to move. If you are having pixellation problems, or even if you aren't, visit radio shack and pick up video cleaning alchohol and swabs for the heads. This has made a world of difference in my camera.

Anonymous
Thank you so much Patrick. Your method just saved a tape from Longwood, PA. I will buy no more Fujifilm tapes for my Sharp camcorder - the first one failed at 2/3 the length. I've had no problems with 10+ Maxell tapes, I'll stick to them.

I have the same problem with "eject the cassette", eventhough I have changed the cassette. So, it seems a "head" problem?? How to clean the head with "video cleaning alchohol" and what type of alchohol should I buy?

Thank you.

Deena M
i was wondering if there is a way to record from vhs to my sharp camcorder vl-wd450. the reason i would like to do this is because i would like to import the video to my imac. anyone got a clue?
Thank you

Anonymous
for external source recording in Sharp VL-WD450u ,u can try these steps:-
swith to playback mode, then press "Recording/Pause" button follow by "PLAY"..i think this should work..

i have a vl-875u i loaded the tape in the unit it will not eject it so i removed the spring on the side so it ejected ti but once i popped the sping back in it..the screen says eject the cassette as if theirs still an tape in the drive ..

now the tray doesnt open and it doesnt go down either

anybody have this problem

I have a VL-WD450 and I've misplaced my CD to load info onto my P.C. Can anyone E.Mail program copy so I can down load stuff. I'm running out of cards & tapes. in anticipation thanks.
Col.H.

I have a VL-WD450 and the person that gave it to me lost the instructional book. Is there any way you could tell how I could get another one. I would appreciate some information. Thank you.

Unregistered guest
Please Help, I have VL-WD450 and there was the message "Eject the cassete " so I ejected it and putted another tap, the message apperas again, the problem that the tap doesn't eject

Unregistered guest
Patrick Hibbard you've saved three of my tapes - I put them aside until I could store up the patience to deal with them. It's been three years for one of them - and your method worked just fine. Thanks from Providence, RI USA.

Unregistered guest
Hi Patrick,
I am trying to sort a problem with my JVC GR-DVL150 & wondered if you
had any ideas.

It had been acting up for a while, did not like humidity in Florida or
Jamaica. Came home downloaded everything onto VCR and then started
taking stills off onto PC. I had noticed it kept asking to be cleaned,
displaying bands of picture and then finally it showed the play back
arrow but no picture. In my temper I jumped up from the PC tripped on
the cable and pulled the camera onto the carpet with the screen open.
Could not get tape out. It went through all the motions and then closed
itself again. I have taken it to the repair shop and they charged an arm
and a leg for full service and replaced the drum assembly. They told me
to check it over and let them know if there were any probs. I recorded a
few mins tape and when I played back it messed about again. I took it
back, they checked it over and said it was my tape. They had forbidden
me to use the original jammed tape, so now there were two no good. They
showed me the results of a brand new tape and said to go home and check
all my tapes. Now I find I cannot use any one of my 16 tapes. I am
gutted as I still had pictures I wanted, although luckily I have it on
VCR.
Do you know how 16 tapes could all be damaged and is there any way I
can fix them? Apart from the disappointment it's the cost involved. The
camera was only 2 years old.
I would appreciate any advice you have to offer.

Sincerely

P.Harris (mrs)

Anonymous

I have VL-WD450E sharp view cam. The battery is full and if i change to camera mode , it shows "Cassette not recordable" message . After soem time it shows "Protect tab" message . The casstte is not ejected.Any one knows how to eject the cassette?

Sueby
Unregistered guest
I have VL-WD450E sharp camcorder. I have recorded some footage and I want to put it on my PC and then burn it to a CD. I have NO IDEA how to do this, but the fottage is really important to keep and I have to find out. Can anyone help me please? I borrowed the camcorder from a friend for this reason.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 789
ask your friend for the manual and for the PC connection terminal and software that came with the camcorder. Install the program on your PC and you should be able to get the instructions from there.

Randy
Unregistered guest
I have a VL-WD450U and my LCD shows a gray screen when in camera mode. I can playback tape and stills with no trouble. I just can't get any picture on the LCD or viewfinder. I've exhausted all the screen adjustment features that come with it. Any ideas?

DJ
Unregistered guest
I have a VL-WD450U and I would like to be able to use an external lavaliere microphone. Has anyone tried using a mic other than the camera mic or the zoom mic accessory?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1008
yes, I've tried it.

Unregistered guest
I have sharp VL WD 450 camcorder and I was wondering that is there any chance to transfer movie to computer from camcorder using firewire/dv cable?
I will really appreciate if someone responds quickly

Unregistered guest
I have a VL-WD450 and I've misplaced my CD to load info onto my P.C. Can anyone E.Mail program copy so I can down load stuff.

Thanks,
Art Stokenbury

Gold Member

Post Number: 1279
Try e-mailing the manufacturer

Coco
Unregistered guest
Is anyone having problems getting their pics from Sharp wd450 viewcam into their pc? Mine used to work fine, but now I get an unable to connect to cam message. Its says to check cable and connection settings. Tried all the settings and none do anything different. Could the cable be bad already??? I can't imagine...its hardly been used and just sits by the pc. Sharp sells new ones for $30, but I just can't believe it would be the cable. Anyone having cable problems?

ldave_x
Unregistered guest
I have a Sharp WD-450 that had the eject tape problem. I bought a cleaning tape and that cured that problem. This camera transfers still pictures just fine to my computer, but Sharp doesn't include the cable to capture video from the camera to a computer. I tried plugging a firewire cable in the camera, but it won't fit. So I am at a loss trying to figure out how to transfer my movies to my computer with this camera. Has anyone solved this problem?

Thad
Unregistered guest
I've had huge problems with my VL-WD450 camcorder, shich is a shame, since it is pretty decent when it works.

Basically, most of the time it gives the "red X" picture in the middle of the screen that indicates the heads need to be cleaned. I've used a head cleaner cassette with some BRIEF success, but then the camera stops working right, and I either get a pixelated playback, or nothing but a blue screen. . . Would the head cleaning alcohol and swabs from Radio Shack be a potential fix for this situation?

TIA!

Thad

Unregistered guest
Hi I have the Shap view cam model # VL -NZ50. I can Not get it to RECORD!!. When I turn it on,the screen is grey like and I am not able to see anything that it is "looking" at, like it use to be when it worked. Nothing happens when I press the record button at all. I can put it on VCR and review previous video. Can anyone help me with why it wont record???? Thanks

Unregistered guest
I have sharp camcorder. I kept mini DV tape inside and forget to take it for 6 months. Now I trying to VCR or Camera mode, it says.."eject the tape". and it doesnt work. I tried a lot and finally ejected the tape. Now I kept the new tape and still getting the same error message. What will be problem? is it becuase I kept tape for long time in the camcorder? If so, what is the solution? Do I have to use cleaning tape or cleaning solution? or some other method?
I appreicate your help.

Thanks in advance

Unregistered guest
I have sharp camcorder. I kept mini DV tape inside and forget to take it for 6 months. Now I trying to VCR or Camera mode, it says.."eject the tape". and it doesnt work. I tried a lot and finally ejected the tape. Now I kept the new tape and still getting the same error message. What will be problem? is it becuase I kept tape for long time in the camcorder? If so, what is the solution? Do I have to use cleaning tape or cleaning solution? or some other method?
I appreicate your help.

Thanks in advance
Ravi
please reply to this id also burlagadda@gmail.com

Unregistered guest
I have a sharp VL-WD250 digital camcorder. I am trying to find cable for DV connection. I bought 4Pin - 4Pin DV/iLink cable but the 4 Pin plug is slightly larger than the DV output connection on my camera. Any suggestions where I can get the correct cable.
Also is there a cable from camcorder to USB port for PC.
Please reply to Bachanpnu@aol.com
Thanks

SJ SJ
Unregistered guest
I have a Sharp VL-WD450U and want to download to my PC to burn a DVD of my video. Can this be done? If so, what do I need? (If you can't tell, I'm a novice at this type of stuff)
Thanks for any guidance you can offer!

Unregistered guest
I have a Sharp camcorder maybe 6 years old. I love it but it just popped up with an error message E007. Anyone know what that means?

Unregistered guest
Please I have a tape stuck in my sharp dv camcorder please does anybody know how to get it out without a repairer

Anonymous

Please I have a tape stuck in my sharp dv camcorder please does anybody know how to get it out without a repairer
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us