How to convert VHS to mini DV with a JVC GR-D70u

Username: Marty

Post Number: 1
this is driving me nuts. it seems like theres no way to do it with this camcorder. can anyone help?

Drhiberd
Unregistered guest
You should find the option in VCR mode. There should be an option called DV in/out, turn it to on, and that should allow you to transfer the video into the camera. Use the a/v cable that you would connect to the tv, connect it to the out ports on the vcr. Hope this helps

Username: Marty

Post Number: 2
thank you so much, i didnt even know my VCR had a DV in/out option. it works now, once again thanks alot for the help.

Unregistered guest
Can't get video from Jvc GR-D70U to computer ?

Drhiberd
Unregistered guest
You should have some software that came with the camera to install in the computer. The transfer will be thru firewire or usb, depending on your computer. You may have to switch back the option in VCR mode on the camera to DV in/out off.

bobgad
Unregistered guest
how would i transfer a video to a dv camcorder. I switched the mode to dv on mode and it wont work?

Drhiberd
Unregistered guest
I think you would probably leave dv in/out off. Then you could probably transfer via firewire, you would need a cable with the small connecter on both ends.

Unregistered guest
can you transfer the other way, from a JVC mini dv 60 cassette to a VCR cassette?Problem is my camcorder is broken so i can't view the cassetes on it anymore.I have taped a recent wedding I was at and can't edit the footage or even view it!Can any one please help?Thanks

Unregistered guest
how do I transfer VHS tapes to mini DV using a panasonic DV camera. There is no DV in/out option. The camera is an AG-EZ35 model. Please help! Thanks

Unregistered guest
How do i transfer HI 8 Tapes To MINI DV tapes for editing purposes. I reaaally need to know, thanks

Unregistered guest
How do I transfer VHS tapes from VCR to Sony Mini Dv. I can do the reverse, but can't seem to record to the camcorder.

Unregistered guest
I am attempting to dub vhs to mini dv in bulk. Is there a cheap way of doing this aside from using my dv camcorder? I am looking at mini dv/vcr combos, but they do not specify that I can dub both ways with these systems. Can they? Or is there a system that will work?

Unregistered guest
How do you convert vhs to mini dv on a canon 630i
Its got me beat.

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 295
Ninky,

Connect the VHS output (one video, two audio) to your camcorder and follow the instructions in your user guide for recording analogue video.

I can't find the model number you specify on the Canon website but I can tell you that with my Canon MX150i, I have done this with no problem.

Cheers.

Username: Monikaqt

How do you convert a mini dv to a vhs with a vcr? I tried once but when I press record on the vcr, it records the tv channel that I was on instead of the video from the camcorder. Please help!!

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 578
Monika,

Your VCR will likely have "aux" or "line" in connection on the back: red, white and yellow phono sockets. Connect the lead from the camcorder to here and start the camcorder playing. Use "input select" on your camcorder remote control to select "L1" or "aux" or something like that. Your TV, if set to VCR, should display this in real time so that you know when you have succeeded. The, just hit "record".

Cheers
PS: By the way, due to me now starting a new job after a long "holiday", effective immediately I shall no longer be able to contribute to these pages on such a frequent basis

Unregistered guest
my camera is a dcr-hc20 sony handycam and i want to be able to record t.v shows or a dvd from the t.v on to my camera... please help

Uptown Girl
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to copy from Panasonic VHS PV-V402 to JVC MiniDV GRDVL805. Used VHS a/v outputs to connect to JVC's av. I followed instructions how to record from another source, but when I press the cam's Record button, the cam doesn't respond as described in the manual. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance :-)

Unregistered guest
How do you convert vhs to mini dv with a JVC GR-D250U? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Username: Beccyb_2k

Hi.
I am trying to record frm my old analogue camcorder onto my new JVC GR D270 Digital. I followed the instructions in the manual, connecting the s/av cable to both cameras and setting my digital camcorder S/AV input to S In. I've managed to record video but I'm not getting any sound. I tested the playback volume on other tapes and it's fine. It's just the video that I'm recording that I'm not getting any sound on. I was hoping you could suggest something that I haven't thought of! Thanks!

Username: Nikster

Post Number: 3
Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew if you could use your camcorder to record a tape from a vcr and then use your camcorder to connect to the pc and make a dvd? If this is possible how do you copy the tape with your camcorder from the vcr? I have a sony dcr-hc21.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8343
The best thing to do is buy a DVD recorder/player and connect the VCR directly. You save a lot of steps and frustration.

Username: Pochpach

Post Number: 2
I am trying to record from VHS to MiniDV and eventually download to a PC for burning into a CD. I have a JVC HR-A591U VCR and Sony MiniDV DCR-HC21 camcorder. The VCR only has the standard video-out and audio-Out (L & R) jacks. According to the Sony camcorder manual, I need an i.LINK (IEEE 1394) cable to record from the VCR. Since my VCR is apparently not i.LINK compatible and the camcorder only has A/V-out (not out/in), what can I do? Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us