Sony DCR-TRV265E playback problem.

Username: Cosmagod

Post Number: 1
Hi.

I have had the above camcorder for approx. 2 years, and up until yesterday, it has worked perfectly.

I have recently recorded material, which recorded fine...and also looked fine in playback mode. I went for a walk yesterday in the woods with my son, and filmed him running around etc.

When I came to view the footage last night, via the LCD screen, the footage had three thick black lines across the screen (footage was visible between these black lines), and the sound was very choppy.

I figured it might be the tape, so I tried a previously recorded tape, that I knew was problem free, but it still did the same in playback mode.

I know that the camera has been recording ok, but the problem appears to lie with the playback.

I hooked the camcorder to my pc, via Firewire, in order to get the footage off the camcorder and onto disc, in the hope that it was just a camcorder playback problem. But, it still does the same thing via my pc. If I try to capture the footage via Windows Movie Maker the black lines are still apparent along with the faulty sound. Movie Maker tries to capture it but, then gives an error message stating that the camcorder is not connected, or that the file is corrupt.

It appears that the problem lies with the camcorder output...has anyone experienced anything similar? Is it an expensive repair?

If it means cutting my losses and purchasing a new camera, then so be it, but I would like to get the footage off the Digital 8 tape, because it contains footage of my son's recent birthday party last week, and also footage of my daughter. Obviously material I don't want to lose.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us