Sony Handcam -- Help Please!

Username: Stephanie_long

Post Number: 1
I have a SonyHandyCam DCR-HC21 Mini DV Video Camcorder. I would like to transfer the videos onto DVD's for family using the USB cable connection through my computer. I plugged in the USB cable to both ports (camcorder and computer) and nothing is popping up...is something supposed to? I cannot find my manuel and am not sure where to go to get the videos transfered without a popup. Please help! Thank you!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13550
Do not use the USB for transferring video to your PC. Others will say otherwise but you will have more problems than is necessary.

That camcorder has a DV output at the bottom. You will need a DV output to firewire(IEEE1394) cable connection.

Check your PC if it has a firewire input.

Next you will need a decent video editing software. Check Roxio or some other software, but do not use the CD that came with the camera.

Username: Jennytc

Post Number: 1
I acquired a Camcorder Sony DCR-HC40(E). I am using fedora 5 with
kernel 2.6.18. On my pc I only have a USB port and and I can catch the
pictures saved in the memory stick . I would like also to catch the 'live video stream' from its USB port.. Under Windows it is feasible .And I would like to make it work on my linux os.I will be very thankful if you can provide details regarding this

thanks and regards
jenny tc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us