Can make movie on PC - how to save on DVD for playing on TV?

Username: Randallp

Post Number: 2
Hello - this video stuff is new to me. I have an oldish Digi8 Handycam. I can capture video from its tapes using firewire into Microsoft Movie Maker and can assemble footage into a basic movie with titles and music etc. I can save it to CD ok but would like to be able to save it to DVD-R or DVD-RW to play on a TV-attached DVD player.

Can some kind soul give me a pointer. I thought it would be an option in the MS Movie-Maker program but sadly not, only CD (which of course needs a PC to play it).

Hopefully yours
Patrick

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13407
You may want to look at Pinnacle or Ulead video editing/DVD making program.

Post Number: 3
Berny, thanks for the pointers. It looks to me as though these programs are used to capture the video from the firewire too then edit it into a movie. Does this mean that the MS Movie Maker is not used at all?

Post Number: 4
A supplementary question; I am really impressed with the Digi8 image quality on TV playback (the last camera I used was a separate unit plugged into a huge VHS recorder! Some years ago..). Is there any loss of quality after the movie is written to DVD (and played pack on DVD player/TV)
Thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13410
The Pinnacle and Ulead programs are stand alone versions and does not have any need for the Movie Maker. It is steps beyond microsoft's program.

And if you use this program with footage from your camera, I haven't seen any quality loss.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us