Problem while copying handycam to cd or pc..

Username: Devendra

Mumbai, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 1
i to all
i m devendra from india....I have sony DCR-HC36E camcorder, i have connect the it to pc via usb. i try to creat cd by using picture package software, i using picture package vcd maker option , but when i click on start button it show message " pls insert blank cd in destenation device "
any one have any idia about this....pls help....

U can mail me on : devya9@rediffmail.com

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13408
Do not use USB. Get a better video capture card or firewire.

Username: Pravin_shashi

Howrah, WB India

I have sony DCR-HC36E camcorder,While i am trying to burn VCD from camera to Computer, them I am getting a message that :: you have to install macromedia flash player first" But my PC has ADobe flash player 9.0 installed in it.

I am unable to burn cd for the tapes I recorded.

Can any one help me.

Regards

Pravin

Username: Lorna1313

I have a DCR-DVD92E PAL sony camcorder and im wondering if i can transfer my videos onto my computer via any i link or USB cable of some sort. Any suggestions would be grateful. Lorna

Username: Heilasatru

WindhoekNamibia

Greetings to all
I have surfed the Web and found nothing...this is my problem:
I have a Sony Video Recorder (DCR-TRV265E).
I had it for 4 years and had no problems ripping the video from my camera ontu my PC and then burning it on a CD (it burns only VCD).
Since yesterday all went well, but here it goes. It normaly splits the video in sections of each 9 minutes and then has 5-7 sections of those. But yesterday it only took 3 minutes of video and burned it. The rest he just forgot!!

Can anybody of this board help me - silly and desperate video Mom with NO answers
Should you have a direct answer or a link to a site that can help - I will be SO GRATEFULL!!
Send an email to : heil_asatru@yahoo.de

Thanks to all

Username: Nits

Hello
i have sony DCR trv 355e.
My pc has dual core , 160GB HD , 1GB RAM with XP-SP2 OS.
I am trying to capture video using firewire and windows movie maker
When i connect my cam to pc , the system recognises it after a long delay. when i start WMM it gets extremely slow, and WMM almost stops responding. after patiently going through all steps of "capture video with best quality" then " capture automatically etc." it finally shows me a message that there is no cassste in the handycam.

I have just not been able to figure out the reason.i have tried reloading the OS even reformatting the whole system but nothing is helping.
Can somebody please guide me?I will be highly obliged

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15684
Increase your RAM to 2 GB minimum, if you are planning on doing any heavy editing.

WindhoekNamibia

Post Number: 2
any answer to my question? Please help! Could it be that my PC has only 769MB left from the original 40gig? I have 2.4ghz & 704 mb of ram?

Bronze Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 75
You only have 769MB left ????

You simply don't have enough space for your PC to do anything anymore.

I'm not sure why you insist and burning VCDs. That technology is so old.

Do you self a favor and buy a new PC with more RAM and a bigger hard drive and DVD burner.

WindhoekNamibia

Post Number: 3
thanks LK for the kind words - I have upgraded to the latest version (which is still available on the Net.. old things are still active then)... my PC has both a CD & DVD burner-- thanks for the advise - buying a new camera also would mybe a good idee :o| but seeing that MANY ppl still have these Camcorder with the old software - doesn't it make you think that this is a good camera!! Thinking that I have to many files on my PC I have deleted some.. it helped a bit, but not for the 5 minutes on the end of the tape *sniff*. So now I am upgrading to Cylink DVD and copien it to my DVD player & then fixing it with PowerDVD.

Username: Dbradley

I have a Sony Handycam DCR-HC46 I have the drivers installed them when I try to start the program it says Cannot find the Handycam (Tape). Check the i.LINK connection to the Handycam. I am not sure whats going on PLZ help me. You can contact me at donnabradley9@hotmail.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
Cannot start what program ?

Username: Dbradley

Post Number: 2
I can start the Handycam Program but, when I have it all hooked up to the computer and bring up the program it says Cannot find the Handycam (Tape). Check the i.LINK connection to the Handycam.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
Is your operating system compatible with that program ?

Username: D213

hi there
hoping for some help please
i have a DCR-HC18E PAL and for some reason i cant get hte USB connection to work form the handycam to my pc
any ideas really appreciated

WindhoekNamibia

Post Number: 4
This is what I did - my husband bought a recordable DVD player. I bought an ILink cable and wired it up to the DVD player. It picked the camera up immediately. I started the camera and the DVD recorder started to record. So I am recording my full 90min on a DVD quality and it's great. I can't say I will ever go back to the old VCD method!
I think that your Hard Drive needs enough space to place the Video on it - this was my issue. Try upgrading the software, Memory on your PC and then try again and again - don't give up. I even thought on selling my Sony and buying the DVD version of it :o)

Username: Damithe

Gampaha, Western Sri Lanka

I have a sony DCR-TRV265E PAL cam, i want to conect it to computer & want to get recorded Videos & pictures in my tape. I havent any driver cds, But I installed the usb Drivers and it has been successfully installed & one massage displayed "your hardware succesfully installed you can use it" or some kind of massage like this but computer not displayed any drive or somthing of camcorder. Please help me to get it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
USB is useless for transfering recorded video on DCR-TRV265E. Firewire is the way to go.

WindhoekNamibia

Post Number: 5
*Damathe* - if you connect your Video Camera to your PC via your USB cable - what does your PC do? Does he register your Camera as soon as you plug the cable into your PC? If he doesn't - you have to install a new driver for your Camera - look for the latest Software for your Camera download software - look under the Sony website. Hope you manage!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us