I may become a videographer.

brianrehmann
Unregistered guest
I might be recording weddings in my home town. My Uncle did it for 10 years or longer with an old RCA s-vhs. I have no compatition but I still want people to be happy with it..I plan on making the recording to a DVD. In your opinion what camera should I buy??
THANKS!

Drhiberd
Unregistered guest
I would recommend the Canon GL2 or Sony VX2100. You can get them both for around $2000. They are excellent, and will get you the results you are looking for.

BrianRehmann
Unregistered guest
Not the canon XL?
Thank you!

Drhiberd
Unregistered guest
The XL1S is an excellent camera, but I don't think you need to spend that much. If you check Cnet.com, the GL2 got a much better review than the XL1S. In all the research I have done, I think the reason people are so big on the XL1S is because it has interchangeable lenses. I cannot imagine that would be something you would need for weddings. Both the Sony VX2100 and the Canon GL2 can take zoom microphones and external mics, as well as wide-angle lenses. The rating on picture quality is better on these two cameras, plus they have an LCD screen and the XL1S does not. I'm sure the XL1S is a wonderful camera, but I think you would be wasting money when you could get one of the other two for around $2000. Hope this helps

ginger chris
Unregistered guest
If youre going to do it properly you need to be able to hear people. the speeches and vows.

this means proper mics/ radio mics. which have XLR connectors. hence need a pro camera that can accept them

canon xl1s
panasonic ag dvx100
or pro version of the sony vx2100 -> pd170

jones
Unregistered guest
Canon has an adapter for the GL2 for XLR connections. You can also get one for the Sony.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us