DVD date and time question

Username: Syso

Post Number: 1
Hello there,
I've just purchased this Panasonic VDRD100B DVD camcorder. The online description says it has the date superimposed on the recording. The manual says "The recording time is not displayed in playback mode". And, apparently, you can see the date and time in the viefinder but you cannot see these on the recorderd films.

Does enybody here have any ideas as far as putting a date on a film is concerned? Is there anything wrong with my camcorder?

Is it a general question of DVD format not putting the date on? The previous analogue Sony camcorder I had had for 7 years had no problems displaying the date in the recorded materials...

Regards
syso

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 606
Syso,

When you transfer digital video over firewire, the date and time is not shown on the resulting file on your PC. Although I do not have personal experience using DVD camcorders, it looks like something similar is going on for material that is finalised onto the DVD.

Hope that helps.

Username: Syso

Post Number: 2
Hi Gromit,
Thanks for the reply. Do you think it's possible to superimpose the stated date on a film file when you work on it with your PC?

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 609
Syso,

Best thing to do is to include the date when you are making the menu on the DVD end product.

Cheers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us