Capturing video on pc and burning a dvd

Hi,
I really like my sony dcr trv 27 and have finally purchased a firewire cable to transfer the video to my pc. I find it a little cumbersome with the Pixela software. Any suggestions on how to get the video into the pc easier? Also, once it's there, how do I burn a dvd of the video?

Derek
Get an ATI Wonder or All in Wonder. They sell versions for as little as $50. You can add third part encoders like Divx and Sigma MPEG 4. The MPEG 4 is much smaller than DV and the movies usually fit on CD.

If you are running XP download Movie Maker II for free from Microsofts site. It does some transcoding of video.

Most DVD burners come with DVD authoring software to archive your movies.

Annette
Hi Derek,

Thanks for your response. I'll see if I can get anywhere with the dvd manufacturer (Triton).

Annette,

You can find the ultimate resource for what you want to do over at www.dvdrhelp.com. They have the information you need from capturing the video all the way to burning on DVD. They even have a newbie section. Hope this helps you out.

Can anyone please advise if there is such a device that allows video 8 tapes to be played in a VHS player

Derek
Paul, there is none except the device it was recorded on.

Unregistered guest
Derek, I have Pinnacle Studio 8.4 editing suite. Is it possible to burn onto an external DVD recorder (Philips DVDR75} just using a firewire? I don't have a DVD burner on my PC.

Cles French
Unregistered guest
There is a program called DVIO (freeware) works great. All it does is capture from vidcam via firewire and also places video on vidcam. Easy Simple works great.

Then you can use some program to convert the avi to mpg (tmpeg)
Use tmpeg to split newly created mpg.
Use Ifoedit to create ifo's.
Use Nero to create DVD-r of movie.

eboy123
Unregistered guest
Cles,

If we use DVIO to get info from the computer to a standalone DVD recorder (like the Philips DVDR75), what format do we have to output to the recorder. I'm assuming that DVIO can't tell the difference in sending to a camcorder or DVD recorder via firewire...

Let me know if I'm on the right track on DVIO, also any help in preparing the stuff to "place" the video on my vidcam (DVD recorder).

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us