Transferring recorder videos on MiniDV tapes to PC

Username: Subiet

Post Number: 1
I have a samsung VP-D361i, video camera, I want to know how to transfer the movies and pictures that i have already recorded on my MiniDV tape via my camera to my computer, over firewire (IEEE1394), my camera supports firewire.

When i connect the camera to my xp machine, it does recogonize it and can capture live stream from my camera but doesn't show the already recorded movies in it.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Username: Gamma

GoettingenGermany

I have video camera canon MVX300 mini DV, but the software that included only for transferring the images to computer. I want to know if any software for this device to transferring the video from the tape to computer?
Please help me...i would be greatly appreciated

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13511
You need a firewire (IEEE1394) connection from your camera to PC. You can also get a video capture card.

Username: Gamma

GoettingenGermany

Post Number: 2
Thank you..but after camcorder connect to the PC with firewire, which software can recognize this section? if any software that i need?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13609
You will need a video editing software like Ulead or Pinnacle.

Username: Jade2931

Hi Berny!
I'm working with a Panasonic PV-DV601D-K miniDV and am currently working on a USB connection. It's only allowing me to download 30 seconds of my viseo at a time! Now i've heard that Firewire is so much faster...but i've never used it before! I've also looked to see if both my camcorder and computer are firewire ready. But once i go and buy this cable...hook it up and try to download my movies by real time am i needing a new software? I'm working off of Movie maker is there any software you would suggest?
And do you think i'm on the right track here?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us