Nothing happens when i plug my jvc to my pc

Username: Kenny10033

Post Number: 2
hi,
I recently got a jvc Gr-D23ek camcorder from a friend with a firewire cable. I bought a pci/firewire port and it seems to be in working order but when I connect my camcorder nothing happens, My friend says she didn't get any disk with drivers when she bought the camcorder. Can anyone help me?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8422
First get a video editing software.

Post Number: 3
i have ulead video studio 10plus

Gold Member

Post Number: 8425
Have you read the manual and the supporting documents of the firewire card?

First activate the Ulead program.

Attach the camcorder and turn it on. Your PC should immediately pick it up. If not go to "Control Panel"
Click on
Performance/Maintenance
System
Hardware
Device Manager
Go through the list and see if the IEEE1394 bus device is enabled. If not enable it.

Remove the camcorder and restart the PC.

Post Number: 4
Iv done all of the above several times but still nothing.Do i need drivers for the camcorder?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8440
Yes.

Post Number: 5
they didn't come with the camcorder and theres nothing on the jvc website,can i download them form somewhere?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8447
http://www.jvc.com/support/support.jsp?pageID=1%26item%3D19

Post Number: 6
i can't find any drivers for my specific model on the site,will any of the other one's do?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8490
It should. If not, try contacting JVC's tech support.

Username: Bgrmckay

Post Number: 6
Help needed! I recently bought a JVC GR-D340E DV camera and need to transfer my recordings onto Windows Movie Maker. I bought a Firewire cable separately and have been trying to transfer my stuff across. Unfortunately, movie maker does not detect my camera. I have tried all the usual - turning it off and then on again etc... but it's still not working. Am I missing some software or anything else for that matter?
Following on from some of the threads from earlier, I have looked on device manager for the IEEE1394 bus controller and I don't have it although there is a firewire connection in the back. What's going on?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us