Firewire losing connection to camera

Username: Deucester

UK

Post Number: 1
Hi all,
bit of an annoying problem here. I'm trying to transfer video from a JVC GR-D390EK to my computer using a firewire connection. At the start of file transfer everything is hunky dory, however after a couple of minutes you will hear the windows XP 'bing bong' and an error message will say that the camera has been disconnected. This happens no matter what video editing or aquisition programme I try. These include Pinnacle studio 9, Dazzle movie star 5, windows movie maker, Ulead videostudio 8 (which came with the firewire card) and even Michael Carr's DVIO. I wondered if it was something timing out on the camera or firewire card so I checked how long it took to lose connection. No luck there. Times range from almost immediately to 3.5 mins max. I've tried installing the recommended patches from the microsoft website, changing sidspeed to 1, 2 and 3 and even shutting down everything that could conceivably interfere with the transfer. Anti virus, firewall etc but the problem persists.
At my wits end now so hoping someone out there will be able to give me a pointer in the right direction

Username: Stitchie18

Post Number: 1
Im using the same JVC GR-D390EK with all the same software and hardware.
same thing is happening to me which is, it diconects after a few minutes.
any ideas to whether its the camera or the software?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8512
Check your camera if the auto off function is on.

Username: Deucester

UK

Post Number: 2
Thanks Berny,
The camera carries on playing the tape as if nothing is wrong so I can assume it's not turning itself off automatically, Just loses connection with the computer. Connected a friends Sony camera and everything is fine. Transfered a whole tapes worth of video without a hitch. Must be a setting on the JVC camera itself. Will have a poke about with the settings and see if I can find a solution.

Username: Bgrmckay

Post Number: 3
Help needed! I recently bought a JVC GR-D340E DV camera and need to transfer my recordings onto Windows Movie Maker. I bought a Firewire cable separately and have been trying to transfer my stuff across. Unfortunately, movie maker does not detect my camera. I have tried all the usual - turning it off and then on again etc... but it's still not working. Am I missing some software or anything else for that matter?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us