So You Wanna Help A Newbie?

Username: Cristen

Post Number: 1
Lately a couple of my friends and I have been making short movies and now that we've gotten the hang of it we've realized that if we could edit the tape we could do a lot more. So i've been looking into a couple of camcorders.

We want a DVD camcorder and to be able to edit it without much hassle. So far I like the Canon MiniDVD Camcorder and Sony Handycam MiniDVD Camcorder. I noticed that in a couple of the buyer's reviews that they say you can't save the disk onto the computer. I find this hard to believe but what do i know? i'm a newbie(and that's why you're here ^^)!

I also talked to a sales clerk at best buy and she said you could edit on your computer if you got a progam called pinnacle. So how can you edit it if you can't save it?

So really i'd like your oppinon on the best DVD camcorder, editing system, pro's and con's...stuff like that! So you wanna help a newbie?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8059
If you will be using a camcorder a lot, you will be better off not using a DVD camcorder. You will have plenty of compatibility issues, plus it is not a very stable recording format.

You may want to look at camcorders that store the videos directly to a hard drive. Very convenient, you record and after you are done you can plug it in directly to your PC and it iwll be treated just like another external hard drive.

You can save plenty of money on recording media.

Sony and JVC carries a line of Hard Disk Drive camcorders.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us