JVC GR-D33U Lens cap on report

Username: Summermedic

Aston, Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1
Camcorder was in the closet for about 2 months. When I took it back out for my honey moon I fully charged the battery for 24 hours. When I turned it on it reported that the lens cap was on. Clearly there was no lens cap since I have not seen that since I bought this camera. It worked fine when I put it in the closet.

I cleaned the lens and removed the battery turned it off and on and still reporting the same thing.

Is this something simple I am missing?

Thanks for the help.

Jeffrey

Username: Batiman1

Mount Vernon, IL USA

I have the same exact problem with this GR-D33u, left it in my closet for about 3 months, turn it back in, charged it, and it appears that the lens cover is on, anybody can help??? would be greatly apppreciate it!!!!
batiman1@yahoo.com

Username: Redrocker27

Ditto,ditto,ditto... I haven't recorded two full cassettes with my JVC GR-D33U, and now it tells me that its lens cap is on and will not record. (Obviously, the cap is not on) The camera is barely two years old. Somebody knows something about this. I've seen the problem posted too many places. Any takers?

Username: Holtron

Muleshoe, Texas

I have the same exact problem with this GR-D33u, left it in my closet for about 3 months, turn it back in, charged it, and it appears that the lens cover is on, anybody can help??? would be greatly apppreciate it!!!!
holtron@fivearea.com

Username: Sweetkim58

Kearney, Nebraska United states

I own a JVC camcorder GR-D73US. I bought a new computer and put the 1394 firewire in new computer. I downloaded one tape onto Windows Movie Maker and when I went to download second tape it says there is an error and it needs configured. Any ideas,,I have tried everything to get it to work. kimberlymaes44@aol.com

Username: Batiman1

Mount Vernon, IL USA

Post Number: 2
For all the owners of the GR-D33u, the techs in the serice centers are fixing them in the JVC service center for free for the LENS CAP ERROR. They definetly have a factory recall since it seems that some optical block just goes off on them

Username: Johnzy_08

Ok people, this is a factory defect.
http://www.jvcservice.com/service/custnoticecamcorder.asp?ReqType=CCD
click the link
choose your model.
fill the form
your good to go
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help