Mini DV to CD. Mini DV to PC

Username: Pranab84

India

Post Number: 1
hi i have a sony HC42E camcorder but the problem is that when i try to capture the video into PC (using USB) it takes up around 2 GB for 3 minutes video!!!!! (i don't hav that much space for 1hr video)
Also if i try to directly burn a VCD using the supplied software then quality drops drastically.
I tried 'Unlead' but it doesn't detect the camcorder. Somebdy Plz help me, i hav to get my 'college days' videos backup. Thanks in advance

Username: Bazman

Post Number: 2
Hi there,

I have the HC35E and have a similar problem with the quality dropping when transferring using USB. From what I can gather this is a common problem when trasferring the movie using USB. From what I can make out transferring the data using firewire is the best option and you apparently get no loss in quality. I have one on order so will post more once I've confirmed this either way.

Regarding the size of the file, I'm still dabbling with compression but it states somewhere on this forum that an hour long movie takes up about 13gb. I imagine people compress it from there to fit it onto a DVD. Hopefully someone else can offer advice on reducing the size as I'm still a noob at this and still pretty much in the dark.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7898
Go here

http://www.videohelp.com/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us