"One of the selected devices for capturing video has been disconnected from your computer. The wizard will now exit. Please check device connections and try again."

Username: Stefpull

Post Number: 1
"One of the selected devices for capturing video has been disconnected from your computer. The wizard will now exit. Please check device connections and try again."

I write from Malta and need your urgent help as i cannot in any way download the video recorded on my HandyCam DCR-HC23E on my computer. I have bought and installed a firewire but still the computer cannot capture my footage. When I try and use Windows Movie Maker 1 or 2, first i select "Digital Device format (DV-AVI)" since I would like to edit the footage and then create my own DVD. However after the Movie Maker rewinds the Mini DV cassette for me, the following error appears and the capturing starts after a few seconds: "One of the selected devices for capturing video has been disconnected from your computer. The wizard will now exit. Please check device connections and try again." The same thing happens when I use other software instead of Movie Maker (such as Gear Video, etc). PLEASE HELP!!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7623
Make sure that your camera has enough power to run continuously while connected to the computer. Sometimes when the battery runs low or if you are not using an AC source you will get disconnected. Or you could have a defective cable connection, return and replace.

Post Number: 2
Thanks berny for your feedback but definitely it is not the case, as the camera is operated with the electricity mains when connected to the PC...perhaps is it a question of editing software (since i am only using windows movie maker)?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7637
Check your DirectX version. Ensure that it is the latest and at least 9.0b

Post Number: 3
i have just checked my directx version and it's 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us