Connecting my Canon Elura 80 to my PC

Username: Silverado

Post Number: 1
Ok, bear with me I am very new to using camcordres in cordinance with the PC. Thanks

Anyways, I am having problems connecting my cam in general, I am not sure of the right cord to buy. The Manual for the Cam says I need to connect a DV cable to my IEEE 1394 Capture board or terminal (Which I'm not sure I even have, haha)

The DV cord I have does not connect with with computer, yet it fits in the DV slot on the cam. Is it possible to buy a DV cord that will connect via USB? Or am I missing the connecting port entirely? Any help would be great.

The Computer is running Windows XP if that helps.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7462
Dude, the manual already specified what you would need, why in the world would you do otherwise?

The USB connection wil NOT work, no matter what you hear or read. It has been discussed on this board, your only option is to use the DV to Firewire cable. Put that on a search engine and you will come up with several products that are designed to do exactly what you want. Do not deviate or will have problems.

What is your operating system anyway?

Username: Silverado

Post Number: 2
I am not doing otherwise, the cable they said to use does NOT connect to my computer. I have that cable it will not connect.

Also, as I said, the system is running Windows XP.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7502
Ooops, sorry about that OS question. It was an automatic question on my part:-)

What kind of PC do you have?

To check if you have an IEEE1394 port go to "Start"..."Control Panel"...click on "Performance and Maintenance"...click on "System"...click on the tab "Hardware"...click on "Device Manager"...from there you will see a list...USB, IEEE1394 etc. Look if it is on there. This port does not look anything like a USB port or a DV port like the one on you DV Camera.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us