Camcorder recommendation?

Username: Videosteve

Post Number: 1
I'm helping my kid in college select a digital camcorder to get a start in what may be a career in cinematography. She needs one that doesn't cost a million but offers features that will support her creative efforts for some time to come. Also neeed info on PC and software needs for editing what she records. For you out there who are kind enough to share your experience, what features or models do you recommend?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7221
Her creative efforst are not dependent on the camera so a good decent camcorder from JVC or Canon will work.

The editing of the footage and the way it is put together however is dependent on the video editing software and how capable the computer can be.

So make sure that the camera and the computer has an excellent interface so there is no hassle in transferrring the footage from the camera to the computer.

Firewire output is important on the camcorder and serves as the best way to transfer to the computer.

Editing movies in a computer takes a lot of memory and RAM. One of the better computers to edit movies would be a Mac and not a Windows based PC.

So do not spend too much on a camera, use the money on a good computer and software. You need only the most basic features for the camera, something that will zoom in and out and with good stabilisation features to minimize camera shake. All the fancy incamera editing features are totally useless and unnecessary.

For that matter get Adobe Premiere for video editing. Do not go cheap on this area as well.

Username: Dthaker

Ankleshwar, Gujarat India

Post Number: 1
I have a jvc camcorder with digital signal i want to convert tape in to cd pl help

Gold Member

Post Number: 7283
Of course you do. Who doesn't?

Why don't you start your own thread?

Or better yet, read the other threads about recording to cd or dvd. Do some research first...there are plenty of questions of that same nature on this forum.

Username: Toca

Post Number: 2
Easy there Berny. As you can see he is a first time poster. Perhaps refering him to this link might help him/her better:

https://www.ecoustics.com/bbs/forumrules.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 7289
Ignorance is never a good excuse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us