Transferring mini DV's without camcorder

Username: Bculp

Post Number: 1
I have a JVC camcorder that uses mini DV's. The camcorder is in need of repairs that cost more than the camcorder is worth. I plan to simply buy another camcorder(probably not mini DV), but need to find a way to transfer the mini DV's that I have to VHS or DVD without the camcorder as it is not usable. Any suggestions????

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7198
Why not another mini DV? I hope you are not planning on getting a DVD camcorder.

But if you want to transfer, you either have to get another mini DV camcorder (buy or borrow it) or you can get a stand alone mini DV player.

Username: Bculp

Post Number: 2
I was leaning toward getting a DVD camcorder, but now I'm curious as to why you don't recommend it. I have also looked into the hard drive camcorders, but they are still so new that I'm hesitant. I don't have anything against the mini DV, I'm just tired of accumulating DV's that need to be copied off.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7204
So it is a convenience matter then:-)

I just don't like the way DVD camcorders work. You have to wait for it to finalize before you can start recording again. Recording time is very limited specially if you want to use highest quality setting. The low quality setting is just what it means...low quality. Then there are compatibility issues.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us