Mini DV Quality Problems

Username: Danohio

Ohio

Post Number: 1
Hello, I come here often for advice, just now signed up.

Anyways, I have a brand new JVC GR-D250 Mini DV camcorder. I use JVC tapes also. I record all of my sons basketball games with them so far. Less than 10 hours on the camera.

Now, I use MEP 10 to capture and burn. I burn with the settings at their highest setting (was told to do this). I am still having kinda bad playback when I play the DVD. Its kinda shaky in some areas and skips sometimes. There were zero dropped frames.

I even went out and bought a brand new hard drive just to use to capture the video from the camcorder. I am planning on cleaning the heads (even though they do not require it yet) before I shoot the game on Saturday.

Can anybody give me some advice? Are there any setting on my camcorder that I am not aware of? I am shooting footage in "Auto" and the lighting in the gym is ok...not the best. I am just very frustrated that I paid $300 for this and it is not as good as I have seen some before.

Here are my settings:
bitrate: 7455, variable
MPEG Conversion Speed: 20 (Do I do the "Smart Rendering"?)
Format: NTSC
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Now which should I pick: Deinterlace, Interlaced Encode?
Motion Vectors: Do I need to even mess with these? P Frames: 64, 48 B Frames: 48, 32
Video Parameter Flags: Anything here I need to know?
Motion Estimation: 20

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us