Newbie Needs Help Selecting Camcorder

Username: Redtail

Baton Rouge, LA USA

Post Number: 1
Greetings,
I am trying to find a dual Camcorder/Digital Camera. Heres the kicker. I would like to have 30x Optical, a decent enough still megapixel to print out photos, optical image stabilization, true 16:9 ratio, widescreen lcd display, will record to dvd or dvdr, also the capability of shooting a still pic to a memory card while capturing video. I am having a hek of a time trying to find one with these accomodations. I was looking at the new Panasonic VDR-D100...Im like the Panasonics...but not dead set.
Thank You In Advance !!!!! (im desperate)
Red

lsbking
Unregistered guest
I am a newbie too, but here's my opinion. You are asking too much. Perhaps there are some professional camcorders out there that are similar, but you sure as hell won't find anything close at best buy.
I use MiniDV, so I'm not familiar with DVD camcorders.
As far as video/stills go, perhaps in the future your camcorder will be able to do all that plus microwave a pizza, but for now I would concentrate on one or the other. Although it's means you can't work solo, I find I get the best results by having a videographer and a separate photographer. With most camcorders you can take stills while recording video, but will usually record stills onto the same medium as the video. I'm not sure what quality stills you need, but most camcorders should work fine for most projects. When I was using a 1 megapixel still camera I found that I had to significantly decrease the pic quality to use on the web. I know you said you print them, and I'm not sure how pro you need the quality to be, but it's not hard to find 2 or 3 megapixel stills built into DV camcorders.
For 30x optical it may be easier to buy a 10x optical camcorder and a zoom lens for it, but again I'm not too sure.
Hope this post helped, although I know it was not the answer you were looking for.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us