Need help transferring from sony handycam dcr-trv11 to pc

Username: Mercury7

Post Number: 1
Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I am also a novice when it comes to computers. I am looking for help transferring my videos to DVDs. I have a Sony Handycam model dcr-trv11 and a Dell Dimension 4600 with Windows XP, service pack 2. I also have Windows Movie Maker and Sonic myDVD for software. I purchased a firewire cable and have 2 ports on the back of the comuter. With all this, I haven't been able to do anything. My computer won't recognize that my camcorder is hooked up, even when it's powered on and in play mode. I talked to Sony and was told there are no drivers needed. I talked to Dell and was told I need a firewire driver. Shouldn't I already have this? Is this a hardware or software issue? Has anyone else had these problems? This was the biggest reason for buying the PC. Thank you for any and all help.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4866
The question about the firewire drivers are for Dell to answer. If it is on your PC the drivers should already be on there. Refer to Dell tech support.

Username: Mwulk

Post Number: 1
I am new to this forum. I am looking for the Picture Package Software 1.5 that came with my Sony HandyCam DCR-HC42. I seemed to have misplaced the CD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us