SONY MiniDV DCR HC42 data transfer problems

Username: Vidyasagar_09

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony DCR HC 42 MiniDV cam. I use a USB cable to burn a VCD for my tapes, but I have observed that after 10 minutes of the processing tapes, the Camcorder starts writing the CD. I have got this checked on some other laptop and same result. Although the tape is full length(60 min) without any break, after first 10 mins of processing it starts writing the CD. Has anyone encountered a similar problem.

Unregistered guest
Vidyasagar,
I have a Sony DCR-HC30E recently. I use USB to transfer memory stick "still images" and "video clip" to my latop computer. And I use 4 pins to 4 pins DV FireWire cable(optional from sony) to transfer my Mini DV tape movie to latop computer and write to VCD/DVD. note: DV FireWire is the best way to transfer tape video for editing and burn to CD.. Try it out. Good luck.

Username: Drpravi

Post Number: 2
dear vidyasagar,

the user manual itself says it cannot copy more than 10 min video at a stretch..check it out.my problem is when there is blank tape in between the video captured the cam immediately writes to cd and ejects it out.can anyone help me in this regard?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us