Need Urgent Help With JVC DV Camera GR-DX77, Please!

Username: Bridub

Post Number: 1
I recently received a JVC mini digital video camera GR-DX77 for christmas. im making a video for school and i just recorded some footage today. I'm trying to get the video i recorded onto my computer. Is there anyway i can transfer the video onto the memory stick? i'm also not sure how to transfer the tape onto the computer. Basically, i have no idea how to get my footage onto the computer. I installed all the software that already came in the box. as you can see, im really clueless about this camera. I also have other questions about cutting, deleting and editting previous footage but i need to know how to get it on the computer first. I just cannot lose the footage that i already have on there. i hope someone can be some help. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4626
No, you cannot transfer footage to the memory stick via the camera. You have to do it a different way. I would not recommend doing so because, I don't think you have enough memory in that card.

You have to transfer the footage from the camera into the PC by using the DV output port of the camera and into a firewire port on your computer.

For this you are going to need a mini dv to fire wire cable that looks like this

Upload

it hooks up to your camera to the firewire input of your pc.

For editing, you will need video editing software.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us