Transfer video from Sony DCR HC21 to computer-software?

Username: Unekgal

WV

Post Number: 2
Hi, I have the Sony DCR HC21 and was wondering how to transfer video footage from my camcorder to my computer via firewire. what software should I use? windows movie maker? can I combine multiple mini dvs to put onto 1 4.7 dvd?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4627
This camera has a feature called:

i.LINK DV Interface
A digital high-speed bidirectional interface, which provides audio/video communication between two compatible devices. This connection allows for pure digital transfer between devices equipped with an IEEE1394 interface, such as camcorders, digital VTRs, capture cards, and PCs. (from amazon.com)

First, you need to find out if you have a firewire input on your computer. It looks like this similar to this:

Upload

look in the back of your cpu and check.

Then you need a cable that looks like this:

Upload

to connect the camcorder to the pc.

Then you are going to need a decent video editing software, from ulead, pinnacle, final cut pro, etc.

First determine if you have the capability to transfer video from camera to pc.

There will be those that will tell you to use the USB and streaming, etc. It is more simple to use firewire...period.

J Chris H
Unregistered guest
The instructions which come with the H21 tell how to download using the USB cable (which they say lowers the picture quality substantially) or firewire (which retains full digital image). However, for the firewire system it seems that it only allows download to Sony DVDs. Not to the hard drive on your computer. Bummer! I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 8. I tried using it to download, but with no success. I did find a shareware program "WINDV" at http://windv.mourek.cz/ which seems to work pretty well.

Unregistered guest
I have the same issue with a Sony DCR H55
Have an ilink installed to computer using Nero 7 ultra, downloads streaming video, go to copy to dvd, program gives you small remote to play back what you captured and for some reason it is slow and choppy. Also camcorder does not allow me to record directly to DVD although it is part of the menu feature any help would be appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I have the same issue with a Sony DCR H55
Have an ilink installed to computer using Nero 7 ultra, downloads streaming video, go to copy to dvd, program gives you small remote to play back what you captured and for some reason it is slow and choppy. Also camcorder does not allow me to record directly to DVD although it is part of the menu feature any help would be appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us